Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why can’t he pass all of a sudden, I remember in his first 2 or 3 appearances he looked comfortable on the ball, shits himself every time it comes near him now.

..because teams are set up to press him immediately now. Everyone knows he is an absolute bomb scare. As soon as the pass is made they fully commit on his touch, rightly so

Just now, lexicon said:

Did so much good tonight that won't be acknowledged by most who'll focus on the bad. Bust his arse and did a hell of a job shutting down their midfielders. 

He did a lot of great work without the ball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Did so much good tonight that won't be acknowledged by most who'll focus on the bad. Bust his arse and did a hell of a job shutting down their midfielders. 

Kind of pointless when he then causes problems when he is on the ball or gives it away

Just now, kiltorken said:

He did a lot of great work without the ball. 

Which is fair enough if you aren't a walking calamity. There is doing dirty work unseen and being tidy and then there is doing dirty work unseen and being a walking mistake anytime the ball drops to your feet.

He is looking like a league 1 player at times ffs no hyperbole no exaggeration.

So far out of his depth it is frightening.

• Confused 1

On 22/12/2019 at 11:59, AVTuco said:

Neither Nakamba nor Luiz is good enough. We're in trouble in front of our CBs. 

I don't need to change my opinion, do I?

Nakamba looks worse than Luiz though. Nakamba is terrified of touching the ball. He is so afraid of making a mistake that he most certainly will. Too bad.

I think his problem is a team issue. Apart from one or two players we are slow in moving both the ball and players into space ready to receive. I think many are really struggling with the pace of the game in the PL and lack of time on the ball.  

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

Nakamba is never going to be a technically complete player, so he needs to be making good decisions, winning battles, and getting the basics right.

I’ve seen enough good from him this season to think he has a future here, but he needs to be playing as an aggressive, marauding pressing centre mid, not a tiki taka holding mid. Most of his mistakes are him playing little hospital passes around our own box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Which is fair enough if you aren't a walking calamity. There is doing dirty work unseen and being tidy and then there is doing dirty work unseen and being a walking mistake anytime the ball drops to your feet.

He is looking like a league 1 player at times ffs no hyperbole no exaggeration.

So far out of his depth it is frightening.

He's a total deer in the headlights with the ball at the minute but I think it's still very early days to give him the mob treatment. He was a lot better with the ball in the beginning, obviously confidence is suffering. Patience from fans is what he needs in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

In one passage Leicester could have had an easy attack but Nakamba and the other two scapegoats Luiz and AEG clamped their respective runners and Leicester had to go back and their crowd booed slightly with a huge groan too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

In one passage Leicester could have had an easy attack but Nakamba and the other two scapegoats Luiz and AEG clamped their respective runners and Leicester had to go back and their crowd booed slightly with a huge groan too. 

But they didn't get a goal or assist with the play so therefore they must be terrible. Apparently. 

• Thanks 1

His lack of composure lets him down. He looks scared on the ball, he has no confidence and his teammates appear to have little confidence in him as well. I recall Jack having the ball at one point tonight and he consciously passed it to someone in a worse position than another teammate because that other teammate was Nakamba.

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well he wouldn’t have had to shut them down so much if he didn’t keep giving them the ball 😄

A few of our players seem a lot happier when we don’t have possession and can fall back to just defending. 

Edited by LondonLax

I won't write him off entirely, but he should be nowhere near the first 11 for games this big.

It may as well have been 10 v 12 with this guy giving them the ball all night.

Edited by Davkaus

Â