Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Gave the ball away so so many times either by dwelling on it and being robbed or just poor passing. 

Pretty diobolical really. 

agreed, but in his defense the passing options were nonexistent today. our midfield is both slow and shapeless.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As is often the case, did some good stuff defensively but was really poor on the ball at times. Cannot help playing with clowns such as Lansbury and Hourihane though. Those two were substantially worse than Nakamba.

he needs somebody to give the ball too. Maybe him and Luiz can work as a team as Nakamba is very good at winning it back

• Like 2

Did well versus burnley with luiz and grealish.

Didn't so so well with wet paper bag hourihane and lame leg lansbury next to him.

Shock horror.

I think he will develop in to a key player for us, but he does currently benefit from the right players around him who aren't lazy.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Didn't so so well with wet paper bag hourihane and lame leg lansbury next to him.

Shock horror.

I think he will develop in to a key player for us, but he does currently benefit from the right players around him who aren't lazy.

He's been having poor games playing alongside Luiz and Mcginn as well. 

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's been having poor games playing alongside Luiz and Mcginn as well. 

But mcginn was so positional poor and we lost the ball so frequently it was basically impossible for a DM to look good. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But mcginn was so positional poor and we lost the ball so frequently it was basically impossible for a DM to look good. 

Yep was games it was just Nakamba vs the opposition in midfield 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Shock horror.

How can you blame the others for the ease in which he allowed knockheart to literally walk past him? 

He's our solid defensive midfield player. 

He reminds me of carlos sanchez. Loads of hype about how good he is but we never see him defend well and a liability with how casual and slow on the ball he is. 

I'd have hourihane with luiz in the 3-4-3 set up. 

Edited by DCJonah

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How can you blame the others for the ease in which he allowed knockheart to literally walk past him? 

He's our solid defensive midfield player. 

He reminds me of carlos sanchez. Loads of hype about how good he is but we never see him defend well and a liability with how casual and slow on the ball he is. 

I'd have hourihane with luiz in the 3-4-3 set up. 

Hourihane is so poor at everything apart from shooting. Nakamba does have presence in midfield. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Hourihane is so poor at everything apart from shooting. Nakamba does have presence in midfield. 

Well, he bags assists too. So, goalscoring and assists essentially.

Honestly with his skillset I'm tempted to try him out as a striker because he's useless at the rest of the midfield work.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Well, he bags assists too. So, goalscoring and assists essentially.

Honestly with his skillset I'm tempted to try him out as a striker because he's useless at the rest of the midfield work.

That would be laughable (no pun intended)

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Gets goals and assists and always has. 

Presence in what way? He doesn't make us defensively stronger and he doesn't offer an attacking threat. 

He runs around a lot. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gets goals and assists and always has. 

Presence in what way? He doesn't make us defensively stronger and he doesn't offer an attacking threat. 

He runs around a lot. 

He makes us much stronger defensively. He breaks up play well and does retain possession when he has options available. He also has a good engine and reasonable physicality. He gets much more involved in the game than Connor.

I don’t mind Connor. He has scored some big goals for us but it kind of doesn’t matter. He is too ineffective at the bread and butter midfield play that we just get overrun every time he plays. If we lose the midfield battle, more often or not you lose the match. I don’t even think Connor can dominate at Championship level. He never has for us anyway.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

He makes us much stronger defensively. He breaks up play well and does retain possession when he has options available. He also has a good engine and reasonable physicality. He gets much more involved in the game than Connor.

I don’t mind Connor. He has scored some big goals for us but it kind of doesn’t matter. He is too ineffective at the bread and butter midfield play that we just get overrun every time he plays. If we lose the midfield battle, more often or not you lose the match. I don’t even think Connor can dominate at Championship level. He never has for us anyway.

We've lost plenty of midfield battles with Nakamba in the middle. 

Connor has his weaknesses but will always offer a threat with his assists and goals. 

I think that makes up for anything that Nakamba currently offers the team. 

Â