Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

I don't understand how player can get to this level and have such an abysmal first touch.

Needs taking out the firing line so he can relax a little. His first few games were decent - so hopefully he can get back to that in time.

I really wanted us to get Rongier or Santamaria instead we bought Nakamba - great back story but this isn’t a hollywood movie we’re producing. He has really gone backwards since his first few games where he looked really good . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

He doesn't want the ball at all. Tries to defend and hides. I really don't like him.

This is what I see, when we're in possession he hides behind opposition players , and never shows for throw ins,  he needs dropping 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

I think he has been one of our better player for quite some time, but he has been poor in the last matches. Needs some rest and bench time now.

Is the right answer

Looked OK at the start, neat and tidy with something to prove and put himself about, now looks under pressure and nervous and a bit timid, give him a rest and see 8f he gets his bite back

Good player in there somewhere 

It must be a very tough, tiring job running all round the pitch as he does shutting opponents down a cleaning up.

My son loves him, came out with the Nakamba4Eva chant, think he's my lads fav player so for my lad, I'm rooting for you to make it big at Villa.

I wouldn't like the solo cdm role, but think two cleaning up and chasing down is the way to go in front of our defence. Think Nakamba will shine at some point.

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I really wanted us to get Rongier or Santamaria instead we bought Nakamba - great back story but this isn’t a hollywood movie we’re producing. He has really gone backwards since his first few games where he looked really good . 

Yes to everything here.

I don't know what's happened to him. He's suddenly got really nervous on the ball and it's affecting his whole game.

I think we broke him by leaving as the only man defending alongside Heaton while everyone else danced forward. PTSD of Maddison and Tielemens.

I believe there's a decent player in there but he's a player in very poor form. 

Gana went through a similar spell here and his touch looked awful and he couldn't pass the ball well. I think Nakamba is a similar player and going through a similar patch. At least I hope so. That said, there were clearly better options out there at the time we signed him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Weird

First few games we were all saying he was class, a mini kante.

Now he's crap?

Neither are probably true, but still, what going on?, lack of confidence?, having to do too much alone as other players not working hard enough?

A lot to be said for all players looking better when they all work hard as it isn't all down to a few players doing it......

I wonder if he is getting isolated as he is one of the few working his ass off and is getting exposed because of it.

The team doesn't work hard enough as a unit and its really showing recently.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Â