Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How can you blame the others for the ease in which he allowed knockheart to literally walk past him? 

He's our solid defensive midfield player. 

He reminds me of carlos sanchez. Loads of hype about how good he is but we never see him defend well and a liability with how casual and slow on the ball he is. 

I'd have hourihane with luiz in the 3-4-3 set up. 

He was already on a yellow which he got because of an awful pass by Nyland from a goal kick. He dives in on Knockart their and he is off. 

He is first in successful tackles and 3rd in interceptions on the team despite only making 14 appearances in the league. The 4-3-3 pretty much left him hung out to dry defensively. There were games where Mcginn's average position was further forward than Wesley's.  Can't do alot of midfield work when you are playing as a second striker. That left Nakamba overwhelmed time and again in the middle. It's no surprise how much better he looked with an extra CB to help out in the middle vs Burnley. 

I know Douglas Luiz will probably get most of the stick tonight but I couldn't believe Nakamba stayed on when Hourihane came in. He's been absolutely all over the place in possession, just hurriedly getting rid of it in any direction any time it comes near him. We've been terrible at retaining the ball of late and if you're playing a midfield two you can't have one of them playing like this. Hopefully Drinkwater can actually hit the ground running and take him out of the firing line.

Edited by Indigo

Â