Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Yeah am disappointed at that, we seemed to play well but the passing was awful especially at half way line and beyond.

There still plenty of work to do for our Ladies, I felt they were cruelly punished by a goal that wasn't deserved because both team deserved a draw. Despite it being a good goal I were hoping we'd hit back. 

I felt we shouldn't of moves Ewers more over to the left, she were fine where she were on the right of midfield because she were sold at stopping Birmingham concentrated attacks and caused problems for them.

Hutton was knackered in the end but looks good overall, I thought Follis was much better but should of came on sooner.

I was only dropping in and out of the game but neither team looked like scoring, very even with us having most possession, but yes the passing was a horror show at times. 

You can see why the top teams hand out 8 - 0 thrashings against the lower teams.  I think Woman's football is very polarised between top and bottom end. 

• Like 1

They used their experience of playing in the top division today and we will learn from games like this. Any defeat against that lot is hard to take, hopefully we can win at their place to even things up over the season. 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Omg the blosers are actually guving it about this. No one actually cares.

Days alot that their womens team is better than their mens

Let them have their little moment.

The amount of financial backing our women team is getting it is only a matter of team before we overtake them.

Edited by villalad21

FIFA steps up protection of female players and football coaches

The reforms, developed in close cooperation with stakeholders, will establish new global minimum standards for female players, particularly in relation to maternity.

“Following the recent phenomenal growth and the unprecedented success of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in France last year, women’s football is now entering its next stage of development,” said FIFA President Gianni Infantino. “It follows that we also have to adopt a regulatory framework that is appropriate and suitable to the needs of the women’s game.”

The proposed new rules include a number of key measures:

• Mandatory maternity leave of at least 14 weeks, at a minimum of two thirds of the player’s contracted salary.
  • On their return to work, clubs must reintegrate female players and provide adequate medical and physical support.
  • No female player should ever suffer a disadvantage as a result of becoming pregnant, thus securing greater employment protection for women in football.

The FSC also approved new rules to better protect the position of football coaches.

https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news/fifa-steps-up-protection-of-female-players-and-football-coaches

• 3 weeks later...

Just lost 2−0 to Man United. They didn't score their second goal until the 89th minute so we were still in the game right until the end. A defeat is a defeat, but most probably would have expected us to lose by a much bigger margin, so the fact that it seems like we gave them a close game might give us a bit of confidence.

• Like 2

Considering two years ago Man U beat us 13-0, I'd say today's result is good progress.

It was always going to be a tough season, but honestly the team don't look like they're much off the pace of the league. Survive this season and they can really kick on.

Edited by Greenfly
  • Like 2

I guess our realistic target for this season, is second from bottom. That probably means getting more points than Bristol City, who currently have two less than us having lost at home to us and picked up an unexpected point against third from bottom Spurs, a fortnight ago. The home game with Bristol City in April looks a real 6-pointer, if we could pick up the odd point or three against the likes of Spurs (who we visit next) and West Ham (who we visit in a fortnight), then that would make it much more comfortable for us.    

• Like 1

Â