Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

4 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

What does this mean exactly? Has Gemma Davies been replaced? If so, then how is she still leading the coaching team??

so we have a manager and a head coach? weirrrrrd

Just now, Pissflaps said:

It's Roy Evans and Houllier again.

Maybe she said she needed a bit of extra help.

Then he would come in as assistant manager?

Interim Manager would be a higher position than a Head Coach surely?

Can't be delightful for Gemma this.

They are indirectly saying she is not up to the task and that she needs help and experience. Which may be the case, but why does he get the manager role and not the assistant role then?

A bit odd. Think she's done a decent job as well.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Can't be delightful for Gemma this.

They are indirectly saying she is not up to the task and that she needs help and experience. Which may be the case, but why does he get the manager role and not the assistant role then?

A bit odd. Think she's done a decent job as well.

Or she's now got an experienced sounding board above her to help her progress in the role. Bignot is still continuing with his other roles including joint manager of Guiseley. I think its important that the club give staff the best chance of being successful and if they feel that Bignot's experience can help then I don't see the issue.

As it is I assume that you'd rather put a negative slant on things but then that's nothing new is it.

it's a strange one. so whilst gemma davies is still in a 'head coach' role, the role of 'head coach' has basically been devalued.

interested to know whether davies had a choice in the matter or not. she might have asked for someone to be the manager whilst she focuses on the coaching side

Edited by tomav84

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's a strange one. so whilst gemma davies is still in a 'head coach' role, the role of 'head coach' has basically been devalued.

interested to know whether davies had a choice in the matter or not. she might have asked for someone to be the manager whilst she focuses on the coaching side

So he is basically in charge of everything.

Feel bad for Gemma

Bignot managed Aluko while she was playing at Blues, so obviously she knows and rates him. He does seem to have an impressive CV, doing multiple jobs at the same time throughout his career.

It seems like a weird move, but my very vague impression of Aluko is that she's very smart, and maybe she wants to do things a bit differently. Maybe this move comes instead of a sacking, and you could argue it's a more progressive move to not eject an employee but give her the training to succeed in the future.

Anyway, I don't feel like second-guessing Aluko right after she brought in a player who is far better than we had any real right to attract.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Whilst the men picked up a big win against Arsenal amongst that the women had probably an even bigger 3 points against Spurs. 

Iwabuchi influential once again 

What a hit. Should be included in the club goal of the month competition. 
And should probably win it. 

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 3

Â