Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

On 05/12/2020 at 17:46, Greenfly said:

Considering two years ago Man U beat us 13-0, I'd say today's result is good progress.

It was always going to be a tough season, but honestly the team don't look like they're much off the pace of the league. Survive this season and they can really kick on.

Looking forward to the 9-0 victory in two years based on that rate of improvement.

Playing away to Bristol City tonight, quite an important game as they're bottom of the table occupying the one relegation spot, but we're only one place above them so if we lose we will replace them in the relegation zone, whereas a win will put us four games clear of them and with a game in hand.

• Like 2

Were winning 1-0 good game so far looks like Bristol are out of stamina, they will be happy for the break as they looked knackered.

EWERS and FOLLIS have been solid, Ewers I'm sure is playing more like Luiz does for us as I see her doing alot of defensive duties. 

You should be able to watch the other half here on the FA player:

https://faplayer.thefa.com/video/bGl2ZSU3QzBfczR6MzV3MWglN0MlMkZzZWN0aW9uJTNGcGFnZSUzRGZpeHR1cmVzLXBhZ2UlN0NmaXh0dXJlcy0wLWFsbA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2-0 to us now. That goal came after at our end there was a goal line clearing and we was lucky for it not to be 1-1, we then went and made them pay by a lovely counter attack.

• Like 1

What a wonderful third goal for us that was. Came in from the wing to inside the box passed straight along very hard and our player got on the end of the ball, good goal indeed.

3-0

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

4-0 to us now. We ran just inside the left corner of the 18 yard box and released a powerful shot right along the floor to the right post and beat the keeper good and proper.

Excellent goal.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

Excellent win especially against ours rivals at the bottom half of the table. Goal of this season is just to survive and this result was a good leap towards that 

Exactly. Well on our way now!

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This year is all about staying up. And probably next year aswell as it's very hard to break into the top part of the league given how strong Chelsea, Arsenal and Man. City are.

3 points away from mid-table (7th) with a game in hand 😀

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Come to post the same

After years of asking about it, them seemingly sponsoring every other PL team we've finally got them on board... And it's the women's team that's done it

Fair play to them 

Hopefully it can be the start of a major tie up. 

They are easily big enough to be a main shirt sponsor. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Hopefully it can be the start of a major tie up. 

They are easily big enough to be a main shirt sponsor. 

I don't think they need the exposure to be the main shirt sponsor, not unless it was part of a major push in a different territory, its a waste of money for the UK audience

The interesting thing is they've come on board as our students of the game programme partner, they're man utds partner in some over 65s programme thing but Liverpool they are just chocolate partner (**** me what has football become?) 

Would be good just to do something with them where their name is attached to the club and some sort of revenue comes from it 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think they need the exposure to be the main shirt sponsor, not unless it was part of a major push in a different territory, its a waste of money for the UK audience

The interesting thing is they've come on board as our students of the game programme partner, they're man utds partner in some over 65s programme thing but Liverpool they are just chocolate partner (**** me what has football become?) 

Would be good just to do something with them where their name is attached to the club and some sort of revenue comes from it 

Why do Coca-Cola keep putting on that stupid lorry advert EVERY Christmas at massive expense over all the channels.  There is absolutely no way they need the exposure in the UK market. 

Companies advertise. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why do Coca-Cola keep putting on that stupid lorry advert EVERY Christmas at massive expense over all the channels.  There is absolutely no way they need the exposure in the UK market. 

Companies advertise. 

That coca cola advert doesn't cost £10m+ a year! 

Look at the other shirt sponsors in the PL this year and previous years, it would be way out of the ordinary for a company as established as them to be the main sponsor on a PL shirt

Can't remember what the rules were over separate sponsors for the women's teams were though, I thought they'd said no because man City were trying to pull a fast one with it 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That coca cola advert doesn't cost £10m+ a year! 

Look at the other shirt sponsors in the PL this year and previous years, it would be way out of the ordinary for a company as established as them to be the main sponsor on a PL shirt

Can't remember what the rules were over separate sponsors for the women's teams were though, I thought they'd said no because man City were trying to pull a fast one with it 

According to "The Grocer" Coca-Cola spent £37m advertising in the UK in 2016. 

Also, sponsoring a Premier League team isn't a UK only advert. In fact it's probably more of a global brand exercise than a UK one.  You get on a lot of TV sets and Internet views around the world sponsoring a Premier League team. 

Anyway, it's all a mute point as they are not doing that, but they could if they wanted. 

Edited by sidcow

Â