Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 game is a low sample size though.

I would like to see some more statistics about these games. Would U-15 teams really beat the best female national sides every single time? I find that unbelievable.

Unless you've seen Male Pro Academy football then you have no basis for comparison. I have for many years. Many of the lads coming through Pro Clubs at 15-16 are blokes when it comes to football. 

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

A lot of positives to take. Not many better teams than Man City in the World

Rubbish first 20 mins then very competitive. 

Fixed that for you

Edited by colhint
  • Like 2

I watched the whole game live on YouTube, that was a nice surprise. I was most impressed by Petzelberger, Arthur and Silva. Larsen took her goal well, what a shame it was wrongly disallowed. As for the goals conceded, maybe it was mainly due to nerves. Rogers was partly at fault for the second (for playing such a dangerous pass to poor Ewers, a pass that just wasn't on) but perhaps also for the first too, if she gave Haigh a shout to leave it. Otherwise why else would Haigh have let it run through her legs like that? It's a pity, she was a great keeper last season (I think she won Championship goalkeeper of the season) and did very well in the second half today too.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

After describing Villa Park as one of the grand old grounds of English football, they just focused the camera on the Aston Villa Flag flying above the Witton Lane Stand which is half shredded and said it's almost as ancient as the ground. 

Sort it out Villa. 

I also noticed the trinity road balcony covered up with Cazoo advertising.  How very Doug Ellis in the 1980s.  The balcony colours are one of the quirky features of our ground and personally I dislike seeing them covered up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I would like to see some more statistics about these games. Would U-15 teams really beat the best female national sides every single time? I find that unbelievable.

Just as an FYI from what i heard it was 7-1, i could be COMPLETELY wrong, but i seem to remember that it was mullering. Take that for what its worth mate.

5 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Just as an FYI from what i heard it was 7-1, i could be COMPLETELY wrong, but i seem to remember that it was mullering. Take that for what its worth mate.

What difference does it make? There are probably 15 year old boys who could beat the best women in most sports. Males have genetic advantages that women cannot overcome. We should only be benchmarking in a like for like basis. Our team played one of the best teams in the World yesterday and performed very well. Much to be positive about. UTV

• Like 1

On 06/09/2020 at 02:59, M_Afro said:

What difference does it make? There are probably 15 year old boys who could beat the best women in most sports. Males have genetic advantages that women cannot overcome. We should only be benchmarking in a like for like basis. Our team played one of the best teams in the World yesterday and performed very well. Much to be positive about. UTV

Just wanted you to know mate. I have no dog in this fight.

On 05/09/2020 at 08:21, villalad21 said:

A few years back an U15s boys team easily beat the US Women’s National team in a scrimmage. 

50 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

A few years back an U15s boys team easily beat the US Women’s National team in a scrimmage. 

Women don't play against men in most sports. Why is there only comparison in football?? Most male tennis players would probably beat Serena Williams. Does that mean she doesn't deserve her grand slam titles or sponsorship deals??? 

2 hours ago, 5-1 said:

Women don't play against men in most sports. Why is there only comparison in football?? Most male tennis players would probably beat Serena Williams. Does that mean she doesn't deserve her grand slam titles or sponsorship deals??? 

Theres comparison in a lot of sports. Have you not been paying attention to the equal pay conversation happening in athletics?

Also who is saying Serena doesn’t deserve her titles/ sponsorships?

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Theres comparison in a lot of sports. Have you not been paying attention to the equal pay conversation happening in athletics?

Also who is saying Serena doesn’t deserve her titles/ sponsorships?

Not to the same extent. You don't hear much about women not running the 100m as fast as men/jumping as high as much as women can't play football as an U15's boys team can beat them. Whenever women's football is on tv or Villa (as an examples) men's account tweets about the women team, its full of comments saying it's rubbish, worse then kids etc etc. The women's US team (who actually produce more revenue than the mens team) were slaughtered when they tried to demand equal pay. Women's football gets more c**p about it than any other sport. That's why i mentioned Serena. No one would say she didn't deserve what she had, despite the fact a lot of male players would beat her, which seems to be the argument over women football (men are better at the sport than women). And no , i would never expect women to get paid £35k a week with where their game is at the moment but the point stands, doesn't matter if a U15 team would beat them or not....they are not competing against men 

• Like 4

Away at Reading tomorrow. Will be a test to see if they are ready as Reading are probably likely to be one of the other teams at the bottom of the league. 

Arsenal put 9 past West Ham today. There is a huge gulf in quality in the league between the top few teams and the rest. 

Â