Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

On 06/02/2021 at 15:55, useless said:

Great goal, one of the wins of the season, if not the best.

Five points clear of the bottom of the table now, Bristol City play West Ham tomorrow

Up the Hammers then (it hurts me to write that though). ;) 

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

How are Bham City even in this league?   

Because they, unlike us, have taken it seriously for years, actually decades, whereas we've basically only started trying under the current ownership. Nobody to blame but ourselves for the fact they're better than us; hopefully we're on the way to fixing that now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

How are Bham City even in this league?   

They were one of the founding members and a very good side who if it hadn't been for the all conquering arsenal side would have won the league

Some of England's best female players in the last decade were in a blues team unfortunately 

Now same as the men's City, utd and Chelsea have bought it, bayern are top of the german women's league (wolfsburg 2nd) psg are top of the French (lyon 2nd)

Blues were a very good team until the last couple of years as the womens game has stepped up financially and they can't compete with that now.

I actually went to see them in a Champions League Quarter Final the other year (of course cheering on the other team) 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

We were meant to play blues yesterday but game called off due to frozen pitch

It's a shame too, as I think we would've beat them this time. It could've been a historic moment for our women's team, the beginning of the tide turning in our favour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2021 at 18:59, useless said:

Our game against Arsenal wall called off again, but Bristol City lost to Chelsea, meaning we retain our four point lead over them and now have two games in hand.

I see that this match against Arsenal is now today, and is in fact kicking off in 20 minutes. The Guardian have a live blog here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/feb/28/aston-villa-v-arsenal-womens-super-league-live

I'm not sure if there's a way to watch it?

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I see that this match against Arsenal is now today, and is in fact kicking off in 20 minutes. The Guardian have a live blog here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/feb/28/aston-villa-v-arsenal-womens-super-league-live

I'm not sure if there's a way to watch it?

Its live on fa player , have to make an account but its free

Edited by mattyvilla
typo
  • Thanks 1

Got to half time at 0-0, but Arsenal were cranking up the pressure in the last fifteen minutes, and Weiss had to make three good saves. It's hard to see what we can do much differently, unless we can find a way to get an out-ball when our defenders win possession.

However, 0-0 would be a decent result, and we're halfway there I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â