Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

I just saw the highlight reel against Citeh from last week. A 3 month old kitten would be a better goalkeeper than the one we've got

Lisa Weiss has been doing better against Reading overall I think. Not much she could've done about either of the goals.

Edit: it wasn't Weiss playing against City, by the way. She's a new signing.

Edited by Greenfly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They are going straight back down by the looks of it.

Once against signing too many players all at once. Like they learned nothing from the men.

It's too early to say that yet, but it's not looking good. I don't understand why they let Mel Johnson leave, when she scored so many goals last season.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

They are going straight back down by the looks of it.

Once against signing too many players all at once. Like they learned nothing from the men.

incase you didn't know the men team stayed up and both teams needed to sign quite a few players. maybe give the team time to gel before giving up on the season! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

It's too early to say that yet, but it's not looking good. I don't understand why they let Mel Johnson leave, when she scored so many goals last season.

Why isn't Jodie Hutton playing?

They are leaving players who were part of the spine last season in the dust.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why isn't Jodie Hutton playing?

They are leaving players who were part of the spine last season in the dust.

she didnt play that much last season because she was injured. i trust the club know what they doing.

Edited by villaluke

Two wins against Small Heath will see us safe. They have had an even worse start than we have and were lucky to stay up last season. Bristol are also rock bottom. We have a lot of new players and they will take some time to get used to playing with each other.   

Edited by John

Yeah, I didn't realise Reading finished 5th last year, I assumed they would be one of the weaker teams. 

I think it's one of those leagues where basically the top 5 or 6 are untouchable who just whack the lower teams every week then fight it out amongst themselves and survival depends on beating those lower teams around you. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â