Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It must just be me, but I don't feel they've been particularly outclassed in this game, just made some awful unforced errors at the back. If anything I think they've created the best chances.

This could have been 4 or 5

Just now, villalad21 said:

This could have been 4 or 5

But I don't think that's because Man City have been so much better, more that we've just given them chances out of nothing is my point. Their only shots on target were the goals which were both huge mistakes.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

They look really good going forward but are awful at the back.  GK is having a howler of a game. The substitute keeper came from Olympique Lyon, would think she should come in the 2nd half.

Wow, that would be showing high level excitement at making your debut! 😮

TBH,  I've been quite impressed at the quality of play so far...  The women's game has come a long way in England, but it's still isn't to a level where I can find it entertaining.  Switching over to the Walsal v Wednesday cup match...  

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

TBH,  I've been quite impressed at the quality of play so far...  The women's game has come a long way in England, but it's still isn't to a level where I can find it entertaining.  Switching over to the Walsal v Wednesday cup match...  

It is around the level of U-15 and a lot of people like to watch games at that level

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

If the men can, the women should too.

Why? I am all for equality in every way but a pitch only has so much play in it. If the pitch can’t stand up to all of those fixtures then surely the men’s team has to take priority. If the women’s team were the club’s premier team then I would say that the men’s team should not play at VP.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It is around the level of U-15 and a lot of people like to watch games at that level

Definitely disagree with that comparison...  The USA women's national team was absolutely demolished by an MLS U-15 team 2 years ago.  Quality is still well below that at the women's club level.  

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Definitely disagree with that comparison...  The USA women's national team was absolutely demolished by an MLS U-15 team 2 years ago.  Quality is still well below that at the women's club level.  

You are brutal

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I think you are correct. Seeing first hand Professional Academy level football for many years, As technically good as the football is in the Womens game, physically and technically Pro Academy 15-16 year old males would muller them. That's not a slight, just fact. It's still great seeing how far the Womens game has come on though.

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think you are correct. Seeing first hand Professional Academy level football for many years, As technically good as the football is in the Womens game, physically and technically Pro Academy 15-16 year old males would muller them. That's not a slight, just fact. It's still great seeing how far the Womens game has come on though.

1 game is a low sample size though.

I would like to see some more statistics about these games. Would U-15 teams really beat the best female national sides every single time? I find that unbelievable.

Â