Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

If we can establish ourselves as a feeder club to the biggest clubs in the world, then actually we're in really good shape. And I would be happy with that. We want to be an attractive club to play for, I think we are already. 

It is the most natural way for us as a club to progress. We're not going to pluck the most promising players in the world up, because we won't be able to compete with the biggest clubs for them. Deals like this will benefit us in the short to medium term, if they are successful. 

Anyway, he's got to get into the Villa team first. It looks like we're developing some healthy competition for places, so if he does get into the Villa team, we're already doing well and have some nice options off the bench.

It's actually a good post you've written. However, we are already one of the biggest clubs in world football and always have been. WTF you on about lol?? Your right about the feeder club shit but we've been operating with our pants down for years tbh. I don't think we are anyone's feeder club anymore under this stewardship. Luiz is here because we wanted him, not to do city a favour. City are on borrowed time at the premiership summIt.

There are only 3 clubs in the UK that have claim to being the big boys and 2 of those are slumping. Liverpool, utd and arsenal. The rest are renting their positions. 

We stay up this season and within 2 years we will be fighting for European football again imo. 

Please though let's stop with this chelski and city being bigger than us. Imo as a well run premiership we are top 6-7. Anything else is underachieving. Yes we had a tough few years but don't forget who we are!! Peace out!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It's actually a good post you've written. However, we are already one of the biggest clubs in world football and always have been. WTF you on about lol?? Your right about the feeder club shit but we've been operating with our pants down for years tbh. I don't think we are anyone's feeder club anymore under this stewardship. Luiz is here because we wanted him, not to do city a favour. City are on borrowed time at the premiership summIt.

There are only 3 clubs in the UK that have claim to being the big boys and 2 of those are slumping. Liverpool, utd and arsenal. The rest are renting their positions. 

We stay up this season and within 2 years we will be fighting for European football again imo. 

Please though let's stop with this chelski and city being bigger than us. Imo as a well run premiership we are top 6-7. Anything else is underachieving. Yes we had a tough few years but don't forget who we are!! Peace out!!

I don’t get this mate. We won F all for years and then won a league and European cup back to back.

After that we have won nothing but 2 league cups.

Fans were probably saying the exact same thing about us after we won the European cup and in term of us winning things they were right.

I agree we are should be within the top 10 clubs in the country. But to say City and Chelsea are renting their position is hypocritical IMO.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

That's his chant sorted. Dougie Lou chanted to the tune of Boney M's Daddy Cool

Now this is the sort of terrace song I can trust you lot with. None of this 3 verse and a chorus nonsense. Just two words repeated over and over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to ask now. What do you drive?

Apparently anyone who drives a german car have small willies and are t0ssers when i had my new car. (5) i was told i couldnt drive, and didnt know how to indicate, ive also been asked why i always have "nazimobiles" i had to laugh as the person in question basically lives in hugo boss shirts

This has absolutely nothing to do with douglas luiz

Edited by Uncle Albert
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get this mate. We won F all for years and then won a league and European cup back to back.

After that we have won nothing but 2 league cups.

Fans were probably saying the exact same thing about us after we won the European cup and in term of us winning things they were right.

I agree we are should be within the top 10 clubs in the country. But to say City and Chelsea are renting their position is hypocritical IMO.

Why do you have to get it?! It's an opinion. Yeah.. I slightly jest however when people want to talk about big club you can't just define that by trophies at this moment in time or recently! How many trophies Spurs or Everton won in recent years or west ham or any of the club's outside those mentioned. 

I was harsh regarding City and Chelsea however I don't buy that shit that we treat them like they are bigger and better. There are a lot of big clubs out there not winning trophies.

Due to the geographical location, fan base, size, history, the club being well run and invested in correctly, we are as big as anyone outside of 3 clubs imo. I put us in the next tier. With Chelsea, City, Spurs etc.

See, I grew up during a period when Chelsea and Man City were close to wank. For far longer than the period of absence we went trophiless. It's hard for me personally to see them as bigger than us when they never had been consistently during my life time. I just see it as theyve been doing better in recent years.

We could go on with this all night with pluses and minuses for both sides of the discussion but it's a never ending argument and off topic. And I didn't mean to go off on one.

Like I said it's my opinion, not hypocrisy. People don't have to get it. I'm sure people question your logic at times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's like getting paid to rent an Audi, who wouldn't?

Nothing less than an A4 😀😀:D:clap:

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why do you have to get it?! It's an opinion. Yeah.. I slightly jest however when people want to talk about big club you can't just define that by trophies at this moment in time or recently! How many trophies Spurs or Everton won in recent years or west ham or any of the club's outside those mentioned. 

I was harsh regarding City and Chelsea however I don't buy that shit that we treat them like they are bigger and better. There are a lot of big clubs out there not winning trophies.

Due to the geographical location, fan base, size, history, the club being well run and invested in correctly, we are as big as anyone outside of 3 clubs imo. I put us in the next tier. With Chelsea, City, Spurs etc.

See, I grew up during a period when Chelsea and Man City were close to wank. For far longer than the period of absence we went trophiless. It's hard for me personally to see them as bigger than us when they never had been consistently during my life time. I just see it as theyve been doing better in recent years.

We could go on with this all night with pluses and minuses for both sides of the discussion but it's a never ending argument and off topic. And I didn't mean to go off on one.

Like I said it's my opinion, not hypocrisy. People don't have to get it. I'm sure people question your logic at times.

One for over a pint rather than a forum I think mate :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to ask now. What do you drive?

To be perfectly honest I don't own a car. Metro and MC here.

If the metro sucked in Oslo I'd buy a Tesla most likely. Of fuel cars maybe a BMW X5 

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Interesting post....not to get too carried away....but we attract a huge interest all down the M5 corridor, hence the jealousy from Bristol city.....I guess The prince may have been influenced by his mates from Gloucester too...

right down to Exeter we have significant fans.

The potential for our club is colossal.

back on topic.......I think DL will be an asset to us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting post....not to get too carried away....but we attract a huge interest all down the M5 corridor, hence the jealousy from Bristol.....I guess The prince may have been influenced by his mates from Gloucester too...

right down to Exeter we have significant fans.

The potential for our club is colossal.

Couldnt agree more, i have customers in Bristol and Gloucester , 4 of them are villa fans, 3 of them have no family connections to the west midlands whatsoever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be perfectly honest I don't own a car. Metro and MC here.

If the metro sucked in Oslo I'd buy a Tesla most likely. Of fuel cars maybe a BMW X5 

Complaining that Audi drivers are tools but would drive a BMW 😂

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â