Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

What facts? You called for a Jedinak-type player - Jedinak was poor on the ball and couldn't pass - if you meant a player who could pass, maybe choosing a player that could actually pass the ball would have been a solid idea instead of doubling down. 

No, you assumed and assumed wrongly, I was talking about passing and if he couldn’t of passed he never would have been a PL player or captain of his country.

But than again, I don’t think you assumed anything, just made something up to suit your narrative.

My comment was in reference to his leadership, and physicality, as that what was needed to be added to Luiz games. Everybody else got the reference, except you. 

You know this, but you’d rather be a smart arse than have a discussion.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

No, you assumed and assumed wrongly, I was talking about passing and if he couldn’t of passed he never would have been a PL player or captain of his country.

But than again, I don’t think you assumed anything, just made something up to suit your narrative.

My comment was in reference to his leadership, and physicality, as that what was needed to be added to Luiz games. Everybody else got the reference, except you. 

You know this, but you’d rather be a smart arse than have a discussion.

You chose to reference Jedinak - not parts of his game, the player in his entirety. 'A prime Jedinak' you said. My argument is that a prime Jedinak would make the team worse, as Luiz brings a lot more to the table. 

If you misspoke because you meant something else, why not just correct yourself rather than insisting that the fault lies solely with me? 

7 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Being linked with Man City and Juventus..... but not good enough for us. FML

I didn't want to respond it was too ridiculous. Probably prefers a midfield of Jedi or Whelan in there 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

You chose to reference Jedinak - not parts of his game, the player in his entirety. 'A prime Jedinak' you said. My argument is that a prime Jedinak would make the team worse, as Luiz brings a lot more to the table. 

If you misspoke because you meant something else, why not just correct yourself rather than insisting that the fault lies solely with me? 

How many times do you have to be wrong? You don’t even check what was said, because you’ve made up your own narrative.

This is what I said in reference to Jedinak:

“The one thing I believe he lacks at the moment is the physicality against certain teams”.

“A Jedinak in his prime would of put some of those Burnley players on their backsides”.

I was referring to Jedinak’s physicality!!

23 hours ago, QldVilla said:

someone like Jedinak with his physical aggression and game intelligence would of seen the threat of Burnley and started putting them on their backsides.

On 28/01/2021 at 19:23, TRO said:

He did have the ability in the air to help the defence.....not sure dribbling is a pre requisite of a CDM, decent ball control yes.....their main attributes are reading the game, awareness and ability to dispossess, bit of pace and a timely pass out.

I agree with both of these parts of your posts.

Having a solid unit in our team like Jedinak would have helped made life alot more difficult for Burnley in that game.

• Like 4

If we manage to bring in a quality DM. A big, strong nasty b******, I wouldn’t mind seeing Luiz play alongside him in a slightly advanced position. 

Luiz currently plays as a DM for us, but I think he can offer a bit more to the team if the shackles were released. 

I think he’s a very good player. To think he’s what, 22? 23? is crazy really. He’ll never be as good as Grealish, but his ceiling is massive. 

• Like 3

Perhaps Jedinak would have been ok v Burnley. He certainly wouldn't have assisted Jack.

I'm certain Doug is of more use in the other 36 games this season. He's 22. He will get better.

He'll be finishing his career with at least 50 Brazil caps and 400 top-flight appearances. All as a holding or deep midfielder. Looking forward to as many of those as possible being with Aston Villa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Perhaps Jedinak would have been ok v Burnley. He certainly wouldn't have assisted Jack.

I'm certain Doug is of more use in the other 36 games this season. He's 22. He will get better.

He'll be finishing his career with at least 50 Brazil caps and 400 top-flight appearances. All as a holding or deep midfielder. Looking forward to as many of those as possible being with Aston Villa.

The analogy I used to reference Mille was never him as a player, but his physical presence, leadership and ability to realise a threat in the game (game management). If Luiz could develop these traits we would have one hell of a player.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Being linked with Man City and Juventus..... but not good enough for us. FML

Hes not going back to City, they have to many ace midfielders.

They were saying on BT other day his buyback ends in summer, personally I think he will remain with us.

• Like 1

Â