Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Does anybody know the details of the buy back clause,

If the player does not want to leave when city take up the option will he be forced to move

Don't think so, I think they would still have to agree on personal terms 

Key in what Romano said is that Luiz also has to give the go ahead IF Man City decided they wanted him back.

Again, I'm genuinely not overly concerned.

1. I think Man City will be after better.

2. Easier for us to replace ( If we haven't already? )

3. We make a profit either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

@TRO somebody literally suggested Jedinak would improve our midfield. A man who couldn't pass or dribble the ball ffs. 

To be fair mate, I'm pretty sure the poster said a younger, Jedinak type? Not Jedinak himself?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair mate, I'm pretty sure the poster said a younger, Jedinak type? Not Jedinak himself?

Haha...Jedinak...an absolute monster in the air and seemingly a top bloke...but his passing, Jesus Christ...never seen anyone as bad at it :D

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

“Juventus are missing something in midfield. If I have to give a name, Douglas Luiz of Aston Villa in my opinion would be ideal. Then there is another Brazilian, Matheus Henrique of Gremio, who is very strong,” Di Marzio told Radio Bianconera, as relayed by Tutto Juve.

Hands off please.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

“Juventus are missing something in midfield. If I have to give a name, Douglas Luiz of Aston Villa in my opinion would be ideal. Then there is another Brazilian, Matheus Henrique of Gremio, who is very strong,” Di Marzio told Radio Bianconera, as relayed by Tutto Juve.

Hands off please.

I thought McKennie was supposed to be that for Juve?

Haven't been following up on him to be fair, but reported we wanted him in the summer as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A Jedinak-type is someone who can't pass the ball, though - it was a fairly identifying characteristic 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't been following up on him to be fair, but reported we wanted him in the summer as well.

I think he’s a more box to box type. I think if we had signed him Sanson wouldn’t be here. 

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Definitely thought he struggled against Burnley. Looked slow and off the pace for me. Looked a bit of a passenger.

Not many teams play the way Burnley do, west ham will next week. IF we take our chances, we should win... But if we don't then we need to make sure we defend better. 

Against Southampton, when they press high, then dougie will be just fine as he is so comfortable on the ball. Next week, against West ham, do we try and negate their aerial presence and have a bit more physicality in there, or try and play our own game?

I would always try and play our own game, we are bloody good at it. But I get the calls for a slight switch in midfield, even if I wouldn't do so myself.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

A Jedinak-type is someone who can't pass the ball, though - it was a fairly identifying characteristic 🤣

Pity you can’t gets your facts right, not sure whether you just ignore what others say, or just oblivious...

8 hours ago, WooJung said:

Don't think so, I think they would still have to agree on personal terms 

Hopefully that's the case,

Why would he leave us with the way we are performing to be a bit part player and potentially loose his Brazilian national team spot.

Much more confident he will stay as we continue to progress

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Pity you can’t gets your facts right, not sure whether you just ignore what others say, or just oblivious...

What facts? You called for a Jedinak-type player - Jedinak was poor on the ball and couldn't pass - if you meant a player who could pass, maybe choosing a player that could actually pass the ball would have been a solid idea instead of doubling down. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McKennie is more box to box and had played well. Juventus have a lot of centre midfielders at the moment Bentamcur, Arthur, Rabiot, Ramsey as well as McKennie

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think he’s a more box to box type. I think if we had signed him Sanson wouldn’t be here. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McKennie is more box to box and had played well. Juventus have a lot of centre midfielders at the moment Bentamcur, Arthur, Rabiot, Ramsey as well as McKennie

Son of a bitch, he stole my line - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Hands off please.

please buy him

11 hours ago, Ben said:

Does anybody know the details of the buy back clause,

If the player does not want to leave when city take up the option will he be forced to move

Think it was stated a few pages back they have till June 5th to activate the option. 

Â