Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not all the fans since some want him sold and he has been called a bottler on here for taking a penalty and in some other site somebody wished he died

Let's not repeat this shite too much and make it at "thing",  being the promoter of a morons ramblings isn't a good thing. Only takes one of the mainstream media, who love us, to pick up on it and it hits the headlines, all from one moron and some unnecessary promotion on here.

• Like 1

I don't know why he wouid be exhausted when hes had a 2 game suspension plus an international break. Constructive criticism is fine.  Anyone can miss a penalty but we just need a bit more out of him at Brighton. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zatman said:

A lot was posted in this thread in last 24 hours

I don’t think anyone has hoped death on him. 
And if they did obviously they’re the exception. 

In general the fans are supporting him. We’re allowed to criticise players when they’ve played badly. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

He been generally poor for the last couples months. The last couple of games he's been getting very frustrating, and seeming to blame other things happening around him. 

The penalty miss could well be good for him. Make him get back to focusing on what he's doing. 

It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, one can only have control about yourself and actions, so that's where one has to focus one's energy and attention.

I still think he is a fantastic player, and want him to be at Villa for the foreseeable future. We believe in you Douglas!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

He’s also only missed 7 league games since 2021 which is pretty astounding for a center mid.

I think it’s also clear that McGinn and him don’t work as a midfield partnership 

They never have, and McGinn isn't a defensive or even a holding central midfielder who can play centrally with anyone we have other than maybe Kamara.

the one regrettable decision is letting Donk go (which isn't terrible in itself) without getting a replacement at the time, not saying January is easy for this, but Tim and Tielemans were never going to be Kamara stand ins, despite Youri actually playing pretty solidly.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

He been generally poor for the last couples months. The last couple of games he's been getting very frustrating, and seeming to blame other things happening around him. 

The penalty miss could well be good for him. Make him get back to focusing on what he's doing. 

It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, one can only have control about yourself and actions, so that's where one has to focus one's energy and attention.

I still think he is a fantastic player, and want him to be at Villa for the foreseeable future. We believe in you Douglas!

I agree.

but he is not a no 6, he is a no 8......and his deployment in the 6 role, is testament to his loyalty.

We need to Address it, in the closed season.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.

but he is not a no 6, he is a no 8......and his deployment in the 6 role, is testament to his loyalty.

We need to Address it, in the closed season.

I dunno which player you've been watching, but for me Luiz hasn't really got the attributes (stamina, outreach, dribbling, shooting, etc.) needed to play as a no 8. He's definitely a no 6 though, mainly due to his first touch & clever passing, and if he was a tad more physical (in duels) he'd really be world class.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Googled it, I do love this quote from him, sums up his humility, apparently he went to all four stands and apologised for his pen miss:

Jeez. Kind of heartbreaking. I still feel bad for him. I can't imagine what that kind of pressure feels like.

• Like 1

IMO - He's riding this gravy train and is ready to skip. 

Don't dislike him, but **** me he's been shite since he come back

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't know why he wouid be exhausted

I can think of a reason 😁

Could be a turning point and necessary humbling in his career for him to kick on to a higher level… he has played pretty much non stop and deserves credit for that let alone the amazing performances and run of goals at VP in 2023. 

He was on course to be our player of the season (and that’s what everyone was saying, the best we have) had that form continued… but it’s Ollie’s now and, if we’re saying he should be overall player of the season (and he does, has deserved and earned it, most goal contributions and a regular match winner) then he’s definitely ours…

Dougie is a proper top class player who will rise above this blip or adversity and be all the better for it… no one can be 100% all the time. He’s going to get even better…

Hopefully, with a better and deeper squad next season, we can keep players fresher and more in form and avoid burnout, fatigue and injuries to the degree we have had to contend with this season… it’s a learning and development process for most of them too… will only be better for it.

Back the lads… we’ve done alright 😂

• Thanks 1

Â