Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was everywhere today, one of his best games. Continues like that and he back in the Brazil squad. Nearly got another goal as well. MOTM for me.

Agreed, awesome today and so glad that he was played in his natural position instead of a defensive midfielder, oh and thank F he has just signed a new cintract.

Another tragedy of the Stephen Gerrard reign that this guy and probably Beundia aren’t going to realise a dream of playing in the next WC

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Another tragedy of the Stephen Gerrard reign that this guy and probably Beundia aren’t going to realise a dream of playing in the next WC

And Mings and Watkins who were in the England mix until Gerrard got hold of them, and Coutinho who fell off a cliff since the spring, and Digne and Kamara through injury. Been a bad few months for our international stars.

Ran the show as an 8 but (obviously) had enough defensive discipline and intelligence to drop when needed. Him and Buendia often would switch and interchange their levels on the pitch to pull and push that midfield apart. The intelligence in the middle (Luiz, Dendocker, Buendia, and Ings) gave the freedom of the pitch to Bailey, Watkins, Young, and Cash on the flanks.

Standard U16 stuff but impressive once they actually combined 

Edited by DJBOB

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Thank goodness he signed that contract.

Arsenal wanted him for a reason.

He could really blossom now he has someone decent next to him.

I'm excited both because we get to retain the player, but also if someone does want to come from him we can cash in on that asset.  He was phenomenal today though.  Hope to see a lot more of that.

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Yeah he was immense today, would love to know how many he intercepted today 

The smashing tackle he made and then nearly popped it in top corner was what impressed me more. Then the 90th minute chasing Brentford player down at 4-0

He was brilliant today

McGinn should never again get in ahead of Dougie - he has so much more quality… let this boy reign supreme as our main CM or 8 with a DM alongside him… in that sweet double pivot… with Buendia (our best creative force) as the AM…

Sell John, he hasn’t got the technique to be a top player. Dougie’s been held back by him… McGinn’s just looked like a clogger this season…

One of the pods made a good point.

When he plays as a 6, he doesn't look good enough.

Then when he plays as an 8 or as part of a double pivot, he looks like he'd be an outstanding 6. WTF

He's a 6 and a half! 🤣

Anyway, he's becoming a brilliant CM, just give him the right support and he'll thrive.

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

He knew 

He would NEVER have signed that contract if he didn't know. I'm certain of it.

Also Marca saying that we spoke to Emery as early as August...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bose said:

He would NEVER have signed that contract if he didn't know. I'm certain of it.

Also Marca saying that we spoke to Emery as early as August...

That last line renews the faith in the believe the owners know what they are doing and DO really care for our club.

Â