Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

He will be.

He doesn't seem the trouble maker type at all.

If anything, the type who might be quietly dissappointed, then get his head back down to train, get home, look at Alisha's booty and realise life isn't so bad after all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Sky Sports obsession with Luiz today is kind of pathetic really. Surprised they don't have a reporter on the side of the road asking Harry Redknapp what he thinks as he drives by. 

It's because there's no actual news to report and they need to make 4 hours of nothing tv look exciting.

• Like 1

I hold Douggie in very high regard, think he is the best footballer after grealish that we have had over the last years. Firmly believ that he is a holding midfielder, a no 6, the position in which he captained Brazil U23 and when he was out on loan from Man C.

However, as good as he is in passing and reading the game, he has some weaknesses in defending, not very fast and strong, which is required in the PL for that position if you are not a team like Man C that keeps the ball all the time.

I fully understand him wanting to leave for the opportunity to play in the Champions League or compete in the top of the PL. I actually think he deserves it, especially given the treatment he has got from Gerrard. It's madness that he is not the first one on the team sheet and he should have been captain in front of McGinn, preferably vice captain after Mings and perhaps Martinez. 

Given he wont sign a new contract and leave after this season, if we can get £25M for him and given the horrible fact that gerrard has him on the bench more than not - I think it's the obvious decision to sell him, as much as it hurts for me. 

21 minutes ago, peterwithethewinner said:

Arse now made 3rd offer £23m + £2m add ons according to Sky

Why do they keep phoning Sky telling them what they've bid? Strange way to go about business. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Spoony said:

Why do people think he will sign a new deal? Clearly doesn’t want to be here. 

Would you want to stay here if you had to keep sitting on the bench while McGinn kept putting in crap performances? Something us going on behind the scenes hence the reason he is staying. Villa must be fairly confident he will pen a new contract? They wouldn't risk letting him go for nothing?! 

• Like 2

i have no idea why we arent keeping a player here, who doesnt want to be here, who has 1 year left on his contract, and he isnt even in the starting 11 (Gerrard idiocy i know, but still a fact).

25m for a player Gerrard doesnt even start in games, or zero in the summer, makes no sense, at all.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i have no idea why we arent keeping a player here, who doesnt want to be here, who has 1 year left on his contract, and he isnt even in the starting 11 (Gerrard idiocy i know, but still a fact).

25m for a player Gerrard doesnt even start in games, or zero in the summer, makes no sense, at all.

Hopefully because Lange know Luiz is a good player and Gerrard is going in the next few days.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Hopefully because Lange know Luiz is a good player and Gerrard is going in the next few days.

i hope you are right, but even so, how happy is Luiz going to be that we kept him here?, i dunno, i hope it wont be an issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I guess that they’re hoping he can be convinced to stay with a different manager. 

• Thanks 1

Â