Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wtf does he offer us ? Lucky to not get an assist for them, that's one thing. 

Did you watch the Man City game 3 days ago? 

He was average today by his high standards but c'mon that statement is silly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Douglas just isn't that quick. So he suffers a bit when asked to do the type of closing down McGinn/Ramsey/Buendia do with ease. Definitely tired in the 2nd half and was right to be subbed for Sanson. 

Kinda poor today to be honest. Nakamba and McGinn were much better.

I thought he, Ramsey and Buendia gave the ball away far too much. He got better as the game went on but first half in particular, he was atrocious tbh.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

Struggled a bit. Seemed to suffer from his occasional concentration issues. But to be fair he seemed to be playing a slightly unusual role for him and was often to be found hugging the touchline so perhaps he is still adjusting to new instructions.

I had him down as man of the match today.

Everything we did in the game was coming through him, and in the first half in particular when we were struggling for a foothold in the game, it was the work he did down the left with Young and Buendia that got us into it. 

He wanted the ball, he was always available, he was notably pushing others and directing things and his touch, ability to hold the ball under pressure and passing were excellent. 

He gave Konsa a proper rollocking at one point halfway through the first half and it was good to see him taking responsibility.

Along with Ashley Young and John McGinn he was a real leader for us today. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everything we did in the game was coming through him, and in the first half in particular when we were struggling for a foothold in the game, it was the work he did down the left with Young and Buendia that got us into it. 

He wanted the ball, he was always available, he was notably pushing others and directing things and his touch, ability to hold the ball under pressure and passing were excellent. 

He gave Konsa a proper rollocking at one point halfway through the first half and it was good to see him taking responsibility.

100 percent agree with this. Its funny how people read the game as I've seen many comments how bad he was? WTF! As always he was the one showing composure when we needed it. Sure not everything he tried came off but he was really pulling the strings at times. Yes he tired a bit second half but he put some shift in. Really one of our top players I think. 

• Like 1

I thought he was a bit so so first half. A bit too sloppy from time to time and didn't look fully concentrated. He tried more flair stuff but not up to 100% when he did which made him do silly things.

2nd half was much improved and he got a lot better. Was a bit surprised to see him subbed, but felt that it wasn't wrong either. Could've cost us, but as it was it would have been a soft penalty. But I think he will get better and better with SG and GMaC coaching him.

He will always have that flakiness in his game. Not sure any manager will take that out of him. Giving McGinn a chip pass with no pressure on him to do so when he he could of rolled it on the floor, ball in the air, going slower, McGinn had to sprint to get there, got the ball and got busted too. Silly stuff. 

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I couldn't disagree more lmao. I thought he was might've been our worst player yesterday. I'd say it was either him or Young.

Even in a season where I think he's genuinely stepped it up, there are times where I just don't understand what other people are seeing in his performances

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I couldn't disagree more lmao. I thought he was might've been our worst player yesterday. I'd say it was either him or Young.

Even in a season where I think he's genuinely stepped it up, there are times where I just don't understand what other people are seeing in him.

I'm dumb enough to have paid for the subscription to watch the whole match back. 

Luiz and Young were amongst our best players. Luiz always showed for the ball in tight areas, distributed well and pressed effectively. 

Young dealt almost immaculately with their RHS. He also carved out two guilt edged chances which we duly shat up the wall. 

I have no idea which game you watched. 

Cash, while he improved second half. Had a fairly ordinary game if we are going to pick out "worst" players. Harvey Barnes had him on toast. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'm dumb enough to have paid for the subscription to watch the whole match back. 

Luiz and Young were amongst our best players. Luiz always showed for the ball in tight areas, distributed well and pressed effectively. 

Young dealt almost immaculately with their RHS. He also carved out two guilt edged chances which we duly shat up the wall. 

I have no idea which game you watched. 

Cash, while he improved second half. Had a fairly ordinary game if we are going to pick out "worst" players. Harvey Barnes had him on toast. 

I think the argument that "x" was our worst player when we've just well beaten Leicester, with all of our players playing either well or brilliantly is weird...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adman said:

I think the argument that "x" was our worst player when we've just well beaten Leicester, with all of our players playing either well or brilliantly is weird...

Totally agree. Not one player had a shocker yesterday. Lets enjoy it. 

• Like 2

Â