Björn Engels

Delphinho123

Wasn't he seen in the background of some of the pictures from Barkley's first training session ? Would back up the comments that he's back in training. 

Edit: missed the direct quote from Dean above. 

This is good news then.  Suggests no falling out,  and simply a longer road to recovery than expected.  We do get unlucky with our long term injuries don't we :(

Edited by MrBlack

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Neither Engels nor Hause on the bench in the last match. Who would come on at centre back if Mings or Konsa went down with an injury in the first minute? 

Elmo probably, seen as he played the Carabao Cup games there.

Edited by sparrow1988

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Elmo probably, seen as he played the Carabao Cup games there.

Not sure this is wise in the premier league really. Probably fine for 20mins at the end of game but what if the injury occurs in first 5 mins and you have Elmo against premier league strikers for 90mins. Thankfully it wasnt needed. Let’s hope Engels or Hause is back after international break.

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

Not sure this is wise in the premier league really. Probably fine for 20mins at the end of game but what if the injury occurs in first 5 mins and you have Elmo against premier league strikers for 90mins. Thankfully it wasnt needed. Let’s hope Engels or Hause is back after international break.

I agree it's not ideal but I'd say he would have been first in, looking at the subs list.

16 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

TBH, Even though the situation is not ideal, I would still feel more confident with Elmo covering at CB than Hause. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, robby b said:

Oh dear, Dean Smith has just announced that Engels hasn't trained, due to his thigh injury. This is worrying that he's still injured, he's been injured for ages now! :< Let's hope Hause can be match fit again soon!

I've always wondered how the club's insurance cover stuff like that. It's obvious a career ending injury can be covered (well I assume). But how about those who are out for years with small physical stuff or even mental stuff. Can that be covered too?

Like us signing Collymore for instance.

But fwiw pulled thigh muscles can be pretty severe. I tore off a groin muscle during the summer and I still can't have a proper ****.

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've always wondered how the club's insurance cover stuff like that. It's obvious a career ending injury can be covered (well I assume). But how about those who are out for years with small physical stuff or even mental stuff. Can that be covered too?

Like us signing Collymore for instance.

But fwiw pulled thigh muscles can be pretty severe. I tore off a groin muscle during the summer and I still can't have a proper ****.

Suggestions on a postcard...

• Haha 2

Â