Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

On top of that Trez gave us a goal that reached a cup final and 3 goals in 4 games that kept us in the Premier League and still he gets massive disrespect in his thread. 

He cared for the club so I care for him and wish him the best.

He deserves everyone's respect for his contribution to our club. 

The idiots calling him one of the worst to play for the club or the Turkish Brett Holman can eat a bag of dicks. 

You know it possible to respect someone and still think they were one of the worst players to play for the club?

I met Trezeguet, lovely bloke, lovely family too. Wish him all the best for his future life. Doesn't mean I can't also think he was a very, very poor footballer. 

• Like 3

Such a hot and cold player. One week he would score an unbelievable goal the next he would take a shot and it would have the power of a 5 year old when finishing.

Not good enough for where we want to go.

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think people have said all I wanted to say, except just one more thing -

It may not necessarily have been the best team performance, but we will never get a better *result* in the PL than Villa 7 Liverpool 2, and my man Trez put in an absolute shift that day. He may have only ended up with the one assist, but that was workrate defined.

I must never remember to be harsh to any player that played a part that day - that includes Targett too, and Barkley for that matter. Whatever else, they gave us that.

He was on fire before that injury. Actually looked like a really good player. Arsenal away was another one where he had a blinder. Got injured, came back and he was back to 19/20 Trez.

• Like 1

If he still had three or four years on his contract we would probably be doing well to get around £10m for him, so to get €4M plus bonuses when he only has one year left on his contract seems a pretty good deal to me, was expecting it to be more like one or two million. Plus his goals in the survival season have meant that he's already more than paid back what we paid for him.

Edited by useless

Will be getting some money back and will lower the wage bill on a  player that does not have a future with us. Didn't cost a huge amount in the first place as we  were hampered by the FFP rules in our first year back.  Wish him well, always a willing worker and scored some big goals for us like the Leicester one in the league cup semi final. Absolute scenes. The fivelive commentary on that is a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be quite happy with £4m and us not picking up any % of his salary at his next club.

same. as long as we don't need to pay him off or anything then it's an OK deal. cant imagine he's on silly money anyway

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we gonna sell him on for peanuts lets at least have a % of profit fee included.

I remember when we first were close to signing him we had such high hopes for him 

We had high hopes for all the players we signed in our first season back.

you remember Engles?

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864sphlrb9ffn8ayvdh2

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 2

Â