Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, Adman said:

They're actual human beings.  Save your distain for the players who sign a contract then down tools and moan because they can't be arsed.  The rest have just been there to support our club until they aren't required or are still making a contribution and deserve our support.  Don't understand the hate. Also need to drink less on a thursday

And yes I just quoted myself twice

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think people have said all I wanted to say, except just one more thing -

It may not necessarily have been the best team performance, but we will never get a better *result* in the PL than Villa 7 Liverpool 2, and my man Trez put in an absolute shift that day. He may have only ended up with the one assist, but that was workrate defined.

I must never remember to be harsh to any player that played a part that day - that includes Targett too, and Barkley for that matter. Whatever else, they gave us that.

This is a wonderful point - especially so for Barkley, who I don’t really think much positive of. Part of our biggest PL day in over a decade, apart from maybe a couple of times dodging relegation years ago?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adman said:

They're actual human beings.  Save your distain for the players who sign a contract then down tools and moan because they can't be arsed.  The rest have just been there to support our club until they aren't required or are still making a contribution and deserve our support.  Don't understand the hate. Also need to drink less on a thursday

trust me, players don't give 2 shites about what people on villatalk are saying about them. it's not like we're sliding into his twitter DMs

most of the comments have been pretty respectful. thanking him for his efforts and goals but acknowledging that he's not a very good footballer. this is backed up by the fact that he's playing in turkey rather than anyone decent and will probably move for similar money that we just paid for robin olsen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

trust me, players don't give 2 shites about what people on villatalk are saying about them. it's not like we're sliding into his twitter DMs

most of the comments have been pretty respectful. thanking him for his efforts and goals but acknowledging that he's not a very good footballer. this is backed up by the fact that he's playing in turkey rather than anyone decent and will probably move for similar money that we just paid for robin olsen

I'm not really thinking about them reading the comments, I just wonder why people who support the club have such distain for our players.  

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

I'm not really thinking about them reading the comments, I just wonder why people who support the club have such distain for our players.  

again, not really seen too much distain towards him. we're allowed to think a player is crap if we want but at the same time thank them for their efforts and wish them well. wanna see distain? pop into the mings thread after a defeat

7 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

With the current state of the economy in turkey 

To be honest that's a real concern. Hard to see how any club in Turkey can "import" a player with the currency mess their moron leader has caused.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

This is a wonderful point - especially so for Barkley, who I don’t really think much positive of. Part of our biggest PL day in over a decade, apart from maybe a couple of times dodging relegation years ago?

Meaningless to me without fans in the ground. That entire seasons deserves an asterisk next to it. 

We got what we needed from him - we stayed up, he played a big part in that and scored some vital goals.

Apart from the occasional diving, he hasnt let us down - not when you compare him to other players over the last 15 years who've been absolutely useless and haven't given a shit.

Deserves nothing but our thanks and best wishes.

Unless he stays in England, in which case he's an absolute donkey 😉

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 1

When we came up we needed to pad out the squad and some were a gamble obviously. I think we signed ten players that summer?

Trez was ok in parts, scored a couple of good goals but clearly wasn’t the standard required to be a regular starter. Cost approx £8m and we’ll make a small loss no doubt. If we can get £3/4m back, I think that’s ok.

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

When we came up we needed to pad out the squad and some were a gamble obviously. I think we signed ten players that summer?

Probably not far off. Had no choice though did we with all the releases / loan returns left us with half a squad.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Probably not far off. Had no choice though did we with all the releases / loan returns left us with half a squad.

As you say, we were left with hardly anything.

At least we’re bringing in money for our squad players now, rather than releasing ageing players on a free.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adman said:

Can you quote a post where someone has shown disdain for one of our players? I said Trezeguet was one of the worst footballers I've seen for Villa. Some agreed, some disagreed. All good. But actual disdain for somebody - can you show me please. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We wouldn’t have stayed up without Trez. We’ve moved on but I’ll always have soft spot for him due to his work ethic and hope he has the best possible career after he leaves us. 

I don't get this. We stayed up by one point. So we wouldn't have stayed up without any players who scored a goal where we won by one goal by this logic. Targett against Brighton? Mings on his ass in the last minute against Watford? If we weren't playing Trezeguet, perhaps we would have found someone who was better and scored us more goals and therefore we stay up more comfortably. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We wouldn’t have stayed up without Trez. We’ve moved on but I’ll always have soft spot for him due to his work ethic and hope he has the best possible career after he leaves us. 

Also, Wesley scored one goal when we beat Burnley 2-1 away. Would we not have stayed up without Wesley? The "we wouldn't have stayed up without" is such a weird argument. (But I'm done now, promise). 

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think people have said all I wanted to say, except just one more thing -

It may not necessarily have been the best team performance, but we will never get a better *result* in the PL than Villa 7 Liverpool 2, and my man Trez put in an absolute shift that day. He may have only ended up with the one assist, but that was workrate defined.

I must never remember to be harsh to any player that played a part that day - that includes Targett too, and Barkley for that matter. Whatever else, they gave us that.

On top of that Trez gave us a goal that reached a cup final and 3 goals in 4 games that kept us in the Premier League and still he gets massive disrespect in his thread. 

He cared for the club so I care for him and wish him the best.

He deserves everyone's respect for his contribution to our club. 

The idiots calling him one of the worst to play for the club or the Turkish Brett Holman can eat a bag of dicks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â