Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

6 hours ago, turvontour said:

He is clearly fit to play. They wouldn't have Dougie jumping on his back if he was still a week or so away. 

Emery has confirmed both Konsa and Torres will be in tomorrow's match day squad 

• Like 3

So good to have him back but he looked rusty I think. Lost two chances to win the ball for the first goal, gives away the free kick for the second goal. Hopefully a chance to build before the spurs game.

33 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

So good to have him back but he looked rusty I think. Lost two chances to win the ball for the first goal, gives away the free kick for the second goal. Hopefully a chance to build before the spurs game.

I’d play him against Ajax for this reason. 

43 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Yes he was rusty. I thought he had to away the free kick because he was done but normally that wouldn't have happened 

He was rusty but he'd only trained a couple of days. Hopefully back to his best against Spurs.

A lot of injuries in defence for England at the moment, I think Trippier, Shaw, Alexander Arnold, James, Guehi and maybe Maguire (fingers crossed) are out.

So a real chance for him to get a long overdue cap either at right back or centre back against Brazil or Spain in the friendlies. That's if Cock Nose gives him a chance.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

That booking was nonsense. He was being fouled if anything.

You can tell by the way Akpom threw himself down that he knew he was the guilty party.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

That booking was nonsense. He was being fouled if anything.

He should have got the free kick for the first yellow as well, he just got pushed over. Two nonsense yellows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soezetoc said:

What are implications  for red card ? 

Presume he won't miss spurs, jyst next however many conference games. 

Just the second leg. Which is fine as we want him for 90 mins vs Spurs and West Ham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, romavillan said:

He should have got the free kick for the first yellow as well, he just got pushed over. Two nonsense yellows.

You can't do what he did though and worryingly he did it again about 10 minutes later 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You can't do what he did though and worryingly he did it again about 10 minutes later 

The lack of discipline in the side annoys me. I’m sympathetic to a yellow for a badly timed tackle or a tactical foul but we’ve had so many stupid yellows for chucking balls away, arguing with refs, grabbing the ball to demand a free kick. Ezri’s not the worst by any stretch. Luiz is getting close to a suspension and at least 3 of his have been for ill discipline.

Edited by WallisFrizz
  • Like 3

The second yellow was one of the worst decisions I’ve seen. However, Konsa was bloody stupid for the first booking. Not sure he was fouled and to grab the ball like he did is asking for trouble. 

Â