Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

24 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

The second yellow was one of the worst decisions I’ve seen. However, Konsa was bloody stupid for the first booking. Not sure he was fouled and to grab the ball like he did is asking for trouble. 

the second one wasn't a bad decision at all, konsa stepped across him either looking for a foul or looking to block him off so that the ball ran through to emi, they tussled, konsa ends up tripping him, you can argue whether or not konsa is actually fouled but for me its 50/50 and if that is a foul in that part of the pitch as he ran through its an all day yellow card lucky not to be a straight red

my issue with it is that he tried to play the man rather than the ball, just smash it out

both cards were completely avoidable 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You can't do what he did though and worryingly he did it again about 10 minutes later 

Totally you can't grab the ball, but the ref shouldn't ignore the foul coz he's got the hump about Konsa trying to force his hand

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the second one wasn't a bad decision at all, konsa stepped across him either looking for a foul or looking to block him off so that the ball ran through to emi, they tussled, konsa ends up tripping him, you can argue whether or not konsa is actually fouled but for me its 50/50 and if that is a foul in that part of the pitch as he ran through its an all day yellow card lucky not to be a straight red

my issue with it is that he tried to play the man rather than the ball, just smash it out

both cards were completely avoidable

He is trying to get to the ball for the one second he has before Akpom grabs hold of him. And of course he stepped across him, he had to, that's what happens when two players are going for the ball, if he doesn't step across him, he lets Akpom get to the ball first. But he never really blocks him until Akpom grabs hold of him.

Edited by Tom13

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You can't do what he did though and worryingly he did it again about 10 minutes later 

He often does this he’s quite good at buying fouls but the ref was having none of it last night.

Felt a bit sorry for the Ajax guy that got sent off just after Ezri. He was as hard done by as Konsa was - the ref would never have booked him if he hadn't just handed out a ridiculously soft second yellow card.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Two games with some poor moments for Konsa. Hopefully he wises up again.

Of course he will. No-one is perfect, but Konsa is top class.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

And the first.

Absolutely shocked you'd think he was great. He **** threw that game away for us. 

The cross was top class for me. Nothing we could do. You might have a case for Emi rushing out to catch it though. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

The cross was top class for me. Nothing we could do. You might have a case for Emi rushing out to catch it though. 

Think I disagree, it was a great ball in, but Konsa has to be doing more to try and cut it out, he glances back, knows exactly where Maddison is, has clear view of the winger and the ball being played in, and he just ends up absolutely nowhere near getting close to the ball. He must end up a couple of meters from it

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yep, 1st goal would be harsh, it's a mess out on our left but after that what spurs do is quality 

But it's been a bad week for him, deserved more stick for the red card and now that 2nd goal 

Makes some really poor questionable passes in big games, most of the time with no pressure from the opposition - must be in his head. 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, 1st goal would be harsh, it's a mess out on our left but after that what spurs do is quality 

But it's been a bad week for him, deserved more stick for the red card and now that 2nd goal 

The type of quality we lacked all game especially from Bailey 

Â