Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Thought he was one of the few standouts, hopefully he can be our leader at the back until Mings comes back

Agree, I thought he was by far our man of the match, he saved us on several occations and hardly put a foot wrong. I think it's interesting to see which players step up and perform against the top sides. Konsa did.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He was fantastic today. I think it's now time for Ezri to stand up and be the leading voice at the back with Mings on the sidelines. 

Totally agree , we’ve been missing that booming leadership voice in our times under pressure , hopefully Ezri can step up and grab it by the throat 

Played well but his weaknesses are on full display when you put someone like Pau next to him. Second time we have tried that pairing agaisnt a good team and been picked apart. Ezri is definite starter on the right but the choice for LCB is wide open right now. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Probably the best of a bad bunch yesterday. He needs to step up and be the leader at the back.

He is vocal but needs to try organise things

Can we get Mings back around the team and involved off the pitch? Exerting some influence? Once he has recovered more? Kind of like a defensive coach… a la JT…

Might help guide and instruct the other defenders… maybe influence Ezri to lead in that manner…

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Can we get Mings back around the team and involved off the pitch? Exerting some influence? Once he has recovered more? Kind of like a defensive coach… a la JT…

Might help guide and instruct the other defenders… maybe influence Ezri to lead in that manner…

Can put Mings behind Emis goal and pretend he is a ball boy

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Played well but his weaknesses are on full display when you put someone like Pau next to him. Second time we have tried that pairing agaisnt a good team and been picked apart. Ezri is definite starter on the right but the choice for LCB is wide open right now. 

Forced. We were forced into that pairing twice. 

• Like 1

He was comfortably our best performer at Anfield for me. 186 pages in 4 years, what's that like 46 pages a season on average? Bailey would outdo that count with a couple of overhit crosses. :P  We do like a moan eh? (not specifically us Villa fans, just us humans).

Mr consistent (except when he wasn't) (like that Spurs game..)

But yeah, keep it up Ezri man.

• Like 1

Against weaker teams and teams that sit back - Konsa at RB/CB hybrid works especially defending against the inevitable counters.

But against top teams - Konsa is best at CB. Trying to shoehorn in Diego is a mistake I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Â