Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No not in this way. This was an obvious I am **** and he didn't move for about 3 minutes absolutely prone. You don't jog that off ever. Unless you're Sergi Canos..

Mings did the same before with this team.

Mings did what before?

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We seem to do this all the time. Remember Mings done his hammy against Leicester and stayed on for another few minutes and cost a goal 

Precisely.. Smith and his team need to be far more switched on in these moments imo. The last thing you want is a player hobbling around at the back if you can get them straight off.

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Precisely.. Smith and his team need to be far more switched on in these moments imo. The last thing you want is a player hobbling around at the back if you can get them straight off.

Your kidding are t you? The medical staff are their to diagnose, but it’s never 100%, you have to take into account the players feedback as part of the diagnoses and whether they can play on. Nothing stood out to the medical staff and Konsa obviously wanted to give it 5 minutes to see if he could play on.

It happens, sometimes players are able to run it off, sometimes they aren’t, but has nothing to do with Smith and the medical staff.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We all know what happened with Chester when he played on when he shouldn’t have. It just shouldn’t happen.

48 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's my hope, they did the ligament and meniscus test so hopefully it's just a sprain 🤞 

From Google: "Anterior drawer test and the pivot shift tests have a sensitivity of about 62 percent."

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Was beating the ground right from the moment he went down. He was done. We all knew he was done.

Why the **** physios waved him back on to play and we had 2 long stoppages tending to him is beyond me.

Summed up the half arsed attitude all day.

I'm sure you know better than our professional physios. Physios out.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He was badly injured anyone can see that.

I mean there’s literally nobody in the ground better placed than the Villa physios to assess how serious the injury was.

Do you actually believe that you can tell how injured a player is from your seat in the ground better than our physio team? It’s a pretty bold claim to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was badly injured anyone can see that.

Could they? Injuries are never cut and dry. If the physio thought it was best to see if he could continue then I trust them. These are highly qualified medical people we're talking about. I suppose it's just easier on a forum though.

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I mean there’s literally nobody in the ground better placed than the Villa physios to assess how serious the injury was.

Do you actually believe that you can tell how injured a player is from your seat in the ground better than our physio team? It’s a pretty bold claim to say the least. 

Yes I can because I saw Konsa's reaction when he beating the ground.i saw him lay prone for about 5 minutes. I saw him hobble about when he went to the touchline. He wasn't running off the injury. He could even put weight on his leg.

You got to protect the players and there was a game to be won too.

How does Smith get blamed for this one ffs 🤣

It did seem a bit odd to let him play on, but we’ve no idea what’s been said between Konsa and the medical staff. Bad bruises can look very nasty and lead to same kind of reaction from a player, with no real consequences. So never as cut and dried as some are making out here.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

It did seem a bit odd to let him play on, but we’ve no idea what’s been said between Konsa and the medical staff. Bad bruises can look very nasty and lead to same kind of reaction from a player, with no real consequences. So never as cut and dried as some are making out here.

Exactly. The medical team are responsible if anyone is. Smith isn’t a qualified doctor or physio so how would he know. The manager has to trust that the medical team knows what the right thing to do is.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Smith won’t, El Ghazi will 😉

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Exactly. The medical team are responsible if anyone is. Smith isn’t a qualified doctor or physio so how would he know. The manager has to trust that the medical team knows what the right thing to do is.

I’m not going to lie I’m still going to side with the medical team over the blokes on a forum who “could tell it was a bad injury” from miles away.

I kind of get the supporters who think they know better than the manager. It’s football, it’s about opinions.

Claiming to know more than medically qualified physios about the extent of players injuries with less information than these physios have is a bit odd. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I’m not going to lie I’m still going to side with the medical team over the blokes on a forum who “could tell it was a bad injury” from miles away.

I kind of get the supporters who think they know better than the manager. It’s football, it’s about opinions.

Claiming to know more than medically qualified physios about the extent of players injuries with less information than these physios have is a bit odd. 

It's madness on here at times. 

Yes, have an opinion, but to claim you know more than the experts dealing with the situation is nuts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YLN said:

From Google: "Anterior drawer test and the pivot shift tests have a sensitivity of about 62 percent."

Haven't you seen I crossed my fingers. That covers the other 38%. 

Â