Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I don't share all the newly found optimisism after the manure game, I totally agree it was his best game in a long time and I think he is fine in defence but if we are going to play out from the back I think he will be replaced in the summer it's just not his game and whilst it can be coached to a degree I can't see him being part of the long term plans.

Konsa on the ball scares me. I haven't been so nervous about a defender on the ball since Steve Staunton

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Konsa on the ball scares me. I haven't been so nervous about a defender on the ball since Steve Staunton

Really? I always thought he was good on the ball until his form fell off a cliff… but then I remember Staunton being fairly tidy too, so perhaps I just don’t know what I’m talking about 😂

I’m still confident it was Konsa who Emi was talking about when he said a defender who previously had carried the ball forward had lost his bottle after the fans came back so I was thrilled to see him doing it versus United.

33 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Seems like Ezri kept us together for the first half. As soon as he was subbed off, our defense went to pieces. Good game Ezri.

He's very good at 1v1's, which I would argue is Tyrone's biggest weakness as he can't move his feat fast enough. Considering United just kept hoofing it to Rashford it was kinda stupid switching them. 

Also I'm not a fan of resting CB's midgame with the game still in the balance, I just feel the new one will struggle to get up to speed(tempo of the game). 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Seems like Ezri kept us together for the first half. As soon as he was subbed off, our defense went to pieces. Good game Ezri.

I thought Ezri was poor too if I'm being honest, but just a shade better than Mings and Antonsson. Miles better than Chambers, mind...

On 09/11/2022 at 02:17, ozvillafan said:

Funny how differently we see it, I think Konsa is one of our better and safer passers, he is probably the defender I feel the most assured about when he has the ball (or perhaps Digne is better). And when it comes to Steve Staunton, I thought he had one of the sweetest left foot we've had at the club! I don't remember him being bad on the ball at all, quite the opposite.

I've always rated Konsa, I think he is our best CB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Funny how differently we see it, I think Konsa is one of our better and safer passers, he is probably the defender I feel the most assured about when he has the ball (or perhaps Digne is better). And when it comes to Steve Staunton, I thought he had one of the sweetest left foot we've had at the club! I don't remember him being bad on the ball at all, quite the opposite.

I've always rated Konsa, I think he is our best CB.

I only remember Staunton from the twilight of his career, which probably taints things.

Still... shudder

personally i think he will be replaced within the next 6-12 months (ie: he will be a squad player).

looking better now in terms of general performance since Emery took over, but he just isnt very comfortable on the ball, imo Emery will want his CDs to be good on the ball as he likes to build through the CDs/MCs.

Carlos i think will be straight back in when fit, will be interesting to see if Emery see's Konsa or Mings as the other CD, or whether he will buy another CD to partner Carlos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

personally i think he will be replaced within the next 6-12 months (ie: he will be a squad player).

looking better now in terms of general performance since Emery took over, but he just isnt very comfortable on the ball, imo Emery will want his CDs to be good on the ball as he likes to build through the CDs/MCs.

Carlos i think will be straight back in when fit, will be interesting to see if Emery see's Konsa or Mings as the other CD, or whether he will buy another CD to partner Carlos.

I think konsa and mings wont be automatic starters in next 12 months personally 

Wouldnt suprise me if konsa is used as cover and mings is sold off in next couple years

• Like 1

On 08/11/2022 at 11:28, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where’s this Konsa been for so long? That was the player we all thought was better than Mings.

No thought for me. I've always rated Konsa. He has that sense of anticipation that a lot of great defenders, through the years, have had.

On 15/11/2022 at 00:27, Demitri_C said:

I think konsa and mings wont be automatic starters in next 12 months personally 

Wouldnt suprise me if konsa is used as cover and mings is sold off in next couple years

The fact that we bought Carlos clearly indicated we intended to replace at least one of them from the starting lineup. My money is on that person being Mings, that's the true reason for why Gerrard stripped him of his captaincy and why Mings didn't start our first match. Meanwhile, he always seemed to want to start Konsa whenever possible. Time will till though if Emery thinks similarly.

Â