Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, WHY said:

He’s fine when we play football. He struggles when we knock hopeless 70 yard ball over the top, strange that. Amazes me how some players get a pass due to formation, not playing in the right position, manager, it was raining etc  but Watkins doesn’t. 

I'd actually disagree and say he struggles when we play football, or at least when he's involved in the build up - any sort of intricate play is his glaring weakness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Could see Chambers maybe challenge Cash more, Emery played him at RB when at Arsenal and used Foyth at RB rather than CB where he was more accustomed. 

I was thinking this was potentially an option. In a back 4 but where Digne in left back is getting forward down the line and Buendia on left wing is moving centrally into the 10 role and Ings dropping deep from CF leaving Watkins up top. Bailey running into CF of the the right.

Chamber moves forward from RB to partner Luiz and Kamara in midfield. So we're a 2 3 5 in attack 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I was thinking this was potentially an option. In a back 4 but where Digne in left back is getting forward down the line and Buendia on left wing is moving centrally into the 10 role and Ings dropping deep from CF leaving Watkins up top. Bailey running into CF of the the right.

Chamber moves forward from RB to partner Luiz and Kamara in midfield. So we're a 2 3 5 in attack 

You could be right.  Konsa can also play RB though so perhaps we'll see that at some point.  

Good time Frankie.

Gutless this guy and the first person to moan or complain or appeal or put blame on someone else for a goal conceded.

Get him replaced. Absolute coward . I'm also sick to death off his face everytime we concede. No sense of a reaction or shake it off or get focused. Just a pouting toddler face, raised eyebrows about to wobble his lip.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good time Frankie.

Gutless this guy and the first person to moan or complain or appeal or put blame on someone else for a goal conceded.

Get him replaced. Absolute coward . I'm also sick to death of his face everytime we concede. No sense of a reaction or shake it off or get focused. Just a pouting toddler face, raised eyebrows about to wobble his lip.

I see this too much and it winds me up. Especially when he’s doing it to Martinez.

He’s trash. Chambers is miles ahead.

On 29/10/2022 at 17:44, MCU said:

I see this too much and it winds me up. Especially when he’s doing it to Martinez.

He’s trash. Chambers is miles ahead.

Waving the arms in the air as of to show you care. It's well known this is hated by team mates as just doing it for the fans

I think he needs to grow up on the pitch. He isnt a rookie anymore, its his 4th season at this level and has massively declined since fans returned

On a related note to the above, this for the third goal was bizarre to me. With VAR being a thing now there is no need to distract yourself by calling for offside, just keep doing your job and that will sort itself out. He seems so pre-occupied with doing so here that he doesn't attempt to cut out a quite softly-hit pass that ends up being played in behind him.

image.png.8df10345907b3ee57ccf718aa55a1242.png

image.png.2a0ee4e533f600aaf0a111374748a2b6.png

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 16:36, rodders0223 said:

Good time Frankie.

Get him replaced. Absolute coward . I'm also sick to death off his face everytime we concede. No sense of a reaction or shake it off or get focused. Just a pouting toddler face, raised eyebrows about to wobble his lip.

Oh Dear.

I think your right, and I feel the same about his right full back.

just woeful defending.

I have never been in favour of Centre Backs without stature, anyway, leaves Ty too much to do in the air.

That second goal Carlos would have had it in the air, before wilson....its just puny.

What a turnaround!

Really had written him off - both defensively and in possession but looked a man possessed on the ball and far better defending.

I forget how young he is sometimes and shows that players don’t just learn through osmosis. Haven’t been properly coached in a year so I’m hoping for a big turnaround under Unai. 

• Like 2

On 28/10/2022 at 15:34, Tom13 said:

I'd actually disagree and say he struggles when we play football, or at least when he's involved in the build up - any sort of intricate play is his glaring weakness.

He was immense today. And he was fine with the ball at his feet, reads the game well.

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What happened to him. Defending solid but seemed more comfortable on the ball and he was desperate to score 😂

Self - confidence and probably a manager who has told him he has great belief in his talent, which, for me, he has in abundance. 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He was immense today. And he was fine with the ball at his feet, reads the game well.

Who are we talking about here? As my original post was about Watkins, not Konsa :D

But I agree anyway, Watkins did well today. I'm just clarifying as I've never got on board with the Konsa criticism. He's still a quality defender.

Â