Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Thought he had a much worse game than Mings and Nunez targeted him by peeling off him several times. Nunez is rapid but Konsa was caught out several times and looked shaky all game. 

Too ponderous and slow to recognize the ball in behind. 

• Like 1

He's a zero accountability player. Just watching the highlights, take the third goal. He gets rinsed by Nunez and gives up, then the rebound he's nearest to the Liverpool player, gets sold easily and glided past and then when the ball goes in he does his usual jump up and down, arm flap and wobbly lip toddler expression.

He's a good time player.

• Like 1

I was surprised at how badly Nunez burned him. I think it also screwed up our high line because he was getting beat so badly. Looked like he started anticipating and trying to jump Nunez’ runs. Still feel like he has a solid future even if it’s not with Villa.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

It won’t be the first time defenders will be done by Nunez and those first time balls over the top. 

But his overall reading of the game is subpar even compared to the much maligned Mings. Gives up in the second phase too easily, switches off and ball watches too much. Reminds me of Clark, should have good attributes but lacks the reading of the game. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 09:56, rodders0223 said:

He's a zero accountability player. Just watching the highlights, take the third goal. He gets rinsed by Nunez and gives up, then the rebound he's nearest to the Liverpool player, gets sold easily and glided past and then when the ball goes in he does his usual jump up and down, arm flap and wobbly lip toddler expression.

He's a good time player.

Pass.............

Championship, Really.

23 hours ago, DJBOB said:

It won’t be the first time defenders will be done by Nunez and those first time balls over the top. 

But his overall reading of the game is subpar even compared to the much maligned Mings. Gives up in the second phase too easily, switches off and ball watches too much. Reminds me of Clark, should have good attributes but lacks the reading of the game. 

You are right, but how long has he been with us?.....100 and odd games.

We shouldn't be having these conversations if we have any ambition.....but you are right, no better than Clark.

42 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don’t know how he keeps starting matches. Even Mings gets benched more than he does.

I’ve always been of the opinion that he’s a bang average and limited defender even when people were saying he was on the verge of a callup. 

who is gonna start over Konsa? (or Mings for that matter).

We play a high line under Emery a fair bit, both Mings and Konsa at least have some pace, aside from any other failings.

It would be suicide to play Chambers or Bednarek in a high line style.

I agree Konsa isnt good enough, but right now we are kinda out of options.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who is gonna start over Konsa? (or Mings for that matter).

We play a high line under Emery a fair bit, both Mings and Konsa at least have some pace, aside from any other failings.

It would be suicide to play Chambers or Bednarek in a high line style.

I agree Konsa isnt good enough, but right now we are kinda out of options.

Right now? Probably Bednarek. I don’t think he’s much worse than Konsa is actually. He was ever present with Southampton. Certainly worth a shot. Doesn’t dendoncker have experience at cb too?

Even if he wasn’t better, I don’t understand why there isn’t more rotation with him. He’s not a supremely better option that you can’t say the other options aren’t even worth trying at all. Perhaps that will change over time with Emery but its something that always bothered me with Smith and Gerrard. Both were more willing to drop Mings than they were Konsa. And I’m not the biggest Mings fan either.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don’t know how he keeps starting matches. Even Mings gets benched more than he does.

Because he's great :) 

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I’ve always been of the opinion that he’s a bang average and limited defender even when people were saying he was on the verge of a callup. 

High ceiling player IMO.

He already looks a new player under Emery and much more confident on the ball. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mings dropped ahead of him when Carlos is ready to start.

Crazy seeing Konza on page 3 of Villa talk chat, guess he's quietly gone about business. Thought he was good today, great goal line clearance, did what he needs to do n no nonsense.

Wish between Konsa n Ming's they picked up more goal scoring headers from set pieces 

• Like 2

On 05/01/2023 at 08:22, Delphinho123 said:

He was very good last night. Arguably better than Mings.

Seems like he’s been at the club for ages now. Really good player to have about the place. 

If dont count the loan players I think he is our 6th longest serving player(7th if include Young)

Steer, McGinn, Mings, Ramsey, Guilbert all here longer

Â