Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who are we talking about here? As my original post was about Watkins, not Konsa :D

But I agree anyway, Watkins did well today. I'm just clarifying as I've never got on board with the Konsa criticism. He's still a quality defender.

My apologies, I thought it was Konsa you were criticising. 

On 29/10/2022 at 16:36, rodders0223 said:

Good time Frankie.

Gutless this guy and the first person to moan or complain or appeal or put blame on someone else for a goal conceded.

Get him replaced. Absolute coward . I'm also sick to death off his face everytime we concede. No sense of a reaction or shake it off or get focused. Just a pouting toddler face, raised eyebrows about to wobble his lip.

Don't talk shit 

Get him on the plane.

Was it 3-1 today he got on the underlap to bomb forward? If we turn the ball over he's getting crucified.

...but you know what. I want that from him in a way. Show some character. Some drive. Take some responsibility.

Played the ball forward into feet too.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Remember pre Gerrard we were saying he should be playing for England and should be ahead of Mings? 

He's just another of our players who's been destroyed by 12 months of non coaching from Stevie Geeeeeeeeeee. 

It’s not all on Gerrard he was poor for a while under Smith 

On 06/11/2022 at 17:39, sidcow said:

Remember pre Gerrard we were saying he should be playing for England and should be ahead of Mings? 

He's just another of our players who's been destroyed by 12 months of non coaching from Stevie Geeeeeeeeeee. 

Well he was never that good. People just blaming mings for his mistakes and failures at that time. 

There was no getting away from the fact that Konsa has been poor for about 12 months prior to the last 4/5 matches. 

He seems to have turned a corner. I still think Mings is the better defender but it will be interesting to see what happens when Carlos comes back.

Personally, I think our defence is fine. Any transfer budget we have needs to be spent on the forward areas. Preferably wide players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There was no getting away from the fact that Konsa has been poor for about 12 months prior to the last 4/5 matches. 

He seems to have turned a corner. I still think Mings is the better defender but it will be interesting to see what happens when Carlos comes back.

Personally, I think our defence is fine. Any transfer budget we have needs to be spent on the forward areas. Preferably wide players. 

Yes Konsa wasn’t bad because of Gerrard, his downturn in form came before that. He then got injured and didn’t look great when he returned. To be fair to Gerrard, he stuck with him and his form has been on the up for the last few weeks. I really like him, it’s great to see him getting back to his best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh i think he looked a bit ropey versus manure, decent, but he made quite a few errors in possession.

I don't share all the newly found optimisism after the manure game, I totally agree it was his best game in a long time and I think he is fine in defence but if we are going to play out from the back I think he will be replaced in the summer it's just not his game and whilst it can be coached to a degree I can't see him being part of the long term plans.

Â