Tom Heaton

midian

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Agree with this, but we now need cover for him, too (assuming K is being sold during this window). Already lost two keepers this season, it could happen a third time.

I doubt we’re selling any keepers in January now. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I have a feeling Wesley is out for the season but Heaton will be back by the end of Jan. Based on nothing but the reports all talk about Wesley suffering ligament damage and Heaton ‘jarring his knee’ so hopefully it’s not both of them out long term. Especially Heaton as at his age it would be hard to come back at this level.

Let’s hope so, obviously a horrible choice but I’d say Heaton will be more instrumental to us staying up, so it’s the lesser of two evils if his isn’t as bad.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was good in that game. 

Interesting that Kodjia's performance in the same game was written off as just against kids. Wonder if those same people feel the same about how Nyland performed. 

That’s not really a fair comparison. Nyland was excellent in that game the saves he made had no relevance on who made the shot. Whereas playing well against young outfield players is different. Physicality and experience play a massive part. 

• Like 4

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

That’s not really a fair comparison. Nyland was excellent in that game the saves he made had no relevance on who made the shot. Whereas playing well against young outfield players is different. Physicality and experience play a massive part. 

It's still youth players hitting the ball. Unless you're going to suggest that striking and finishing aren't that much different between first team players and youth team players? 

He made good saves. Kodjia scored a couple of good finishes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We don't seem to be hearing much on Heaton's injury compared to Wesley do we? Really hoping it's not too serious

Heaton's scan is/was today so I imagine news will be coming soon.

I imagine (just a guess) that the reason we heard more about Wesley's was that it was more obvious, given the severity of it, what Wesley had done.
Heaton's looked less obvious so probably more likely to need the scan to confirm it

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I'm pretty certain that Burnley would loan out Joe Hart for the balance of the season.

They would be mental to loan him out to a relegation rival, unless they think that’ll make us worse..

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's still youth players hitting the ball. Unless you're going to suggest that striking and finishing aren't that much different between first team players and youth team players? 

He made good saves. Kodjia scored a couple of good finishes. 

Those shots he saved were good, we could all see that. I’m not saying he’s going to be great based on that single game, but he played well and made good saves. As it happens I thought Kodja played well too and I’m not knocking him for that game. I just think judging outfield players against talented but inexperienced opposition is different when judging goal keepers. 

The Liverpool coaching staff even thanked us for the way in which we approached the game. Probably meaning we didn’t bully them or rough them up. There is a difference. 

11 minutes ago, Elton said:

They would be mental to loan him out to a relegation rival, unless they think that’ll make us worse..

I think Sean Dyche would pee himself laughing if he could pull that off.

Why they ever signed him is beyond me.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I think Sean Dyche would pee himself laughing if he could pull that off.

Why they ever signed him is beyond me.

Sorry I missed the joke! Probably fooled by the Rainier Wolfcastle style delivery..

Perhaps he’s good at heading in training.

17 hours ago, Junxs said:

Heaton is obviously the better keeper, but Nylands distribution is the best at the club. Seems odd how people just pick random things without any evidence to put down players who arent liked. 

I'm talking about Nyland , last time i looked this was a forum for people to express their opinions. My opinions are based on what i have seen of Nyland live  performances. I stand by he fact his distribution is not the best  and lets him down! I also stated he is an excellent shot stopper.  I don't see the relevance of liking a player . I like Aston Villa ! If the players good enough there wont be to much chat on sites like these debating there abilities 

3 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I'm talking about Nyland , last time i looked this was a forum for people to express their opinions. My opinions are based on what i have seen of Nyland live  performances. I stand by he fact his distribution is not the best  and lets him down! I also stated he is an excellent shot stopper.  I don't see the relevance of liking a player . I like Aston Villa ! If the players good enough there wont be to much chat on sites like these debating there abilities 

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but if it's one that no one else agrees with then of course people are going to question it.

To be fair its not the most ridiculous thing I've read on here today, that goes to Stagman for claiming Davis is unarguably more of a goal threat than Kodjia

• Haha 1

Â