Tom Heaton

midian

3 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

not sure why everyone is freaking.  Nyland looks a different much more confident keeper this season.  he was world class against liverpool in the cup and did well today when he came on.  the take from the final corner was excellent.  he's more than earnt a second chance.

He's been good even against Dingles when he first came this season. But when you lose your best keeper in the last decade (or more) then you can't blame anyone worrying.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

That Forest game was an abomination. He let in every shot. Can't remember think it's the first and the last that should have been stopped, definitely the last one. Could have done something for Lolley's as well.

Yep. He had nothing else to do. 

I think if I'd played in goal that day we'd have got a better result :D 

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Didn't look too bad to me, can't even see where he injures himself. Hoping he jarred it or something. This is devastating.

Read that he's had an ACL tear before. Could have tweaked old injury.

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Honestly, trust Nyland at your peril, he's awful. We need to get a decent keeper in on loan if possible.

Thing is - A keeper as good as Heaton won't be available on loan  

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thing is - A keeper as good as Heaton won't be available on loan  

Nope. And a potential relegation rival aren’t going to loan one to us, we need experience and PL experience, I think I’d go for Scott Carson from City on short term loan. Keepers always get better with age, bags of experience, plus he knows the club.

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Honestly, trust Nyland at your peril, he's awful. We need to get a decent keeper in on loan if possible.

Agreed. Either a loan from a Premier League club or buy someone out of the Championship with top level experience (ie Butland, Randolph, Westwood, Etheridge). 

Edited by ferguson1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Blimey. You lot are a tough crowd! Nyland is better than Carson was 10 years ago when he was at his peak! How’s about we give the guy a chance. He clearly loves the club and works hard. He has been first class when called upon this season. His performance against Liverpool was out of this World! He saved our blushes that night.

Nothing against Nyland - but we are talking fairly high stakes here - like £160m tv money - !!!  can we risk that Nyland doesn't revert back to 2018 form ?  (knowing villa we probably will) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Blimey. You lot are a tough crowd! Nyland is better than Carson was 10 years ago when he was at his peak! How’s about we give the guy a chance. He clearly loves the club and works hard. He has been first class when called upon this season. His performance against Liverpool was out of this World! He saved our blushes that night.

Agree with this, but we now need cover for him, too (assuming K is being sold during this window). Already lost two keepers this season, it could happen a third time.

Let’s hope for unexpected good news on Heaton but to be fair Nyland’s form improved pre his injury and he has looked good since, albeit in brief cameos. I’m comfortable with Nyland stepping in.

Getting a quality replacement in January will be very tough. Can we really do any better than our current 2 internationals in Nyland and Kalinic?

Although Jack Butland has been doing a fantastic job of lowering his value lately!

I have a feeling Wesley is out for the season but Heaton will be back by the end of Jan. Based on nothing but the reports all talk about Wesley suffering ligament damage and Heaton ‘jarring his knee’ so hopefully it’s not both of them out long term. Especially Heaton as at his age it would be hard to come back at this level.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Agreed. Either a loan from a Premier League club or buy someone out of the Championship with top level experience (ie Butland, Randolph, Westwood, Etheridge). 

Not sure how Butland can get a mention anymore. He has been beyond woeful. I’d rather have Nyland every day of the week. 

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

He was good in that game. 

Interesting that Kodjia's performance in the same game was written off as just against kids. Wonder if those same people feel the same about how Nyland performed. 

• Like 1

Â