Tom Heaton

midian

10 minutes ago, useless said:

No seems to be talking about him being out for a year on twitter, if there had been any reliable news, they'd normally be having a meltdown on there.

The Bt panel were discussing it at half time and said it was news coming out of villa park - didn’t mention Wesley ,  I would expect it to be true more than whether it’s on twitter or not 

Heaton out for the rest of the season would be a disaster. We either take a chance on nyland - or loan/buy a UK based keeper - any keeper would have to hit the ground running - we couldn't have a settling in period 

13 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

But, he isn't making some kind of official diagnosis. He's essentially just saying he thinks its an ACL tear from what he can see from on tv. Of course he could be wrong, but hey thats why he isn't making an official diagnosis, just a good guess of what it could be. Are doctors not even allowed to say their opinions on matters like this?

Anyone with half an understanding of anatomy could come out with that 'opinion'. He's just winging it on the chance he's right and then can look smart.

I believe there is a cruel irony in this. When he tried to make the save had he saved it i think his knee would have hit the post and the way his leg planted wouldn’t have happened. He seemed to be moving backwards in a diagonal way.

I also wont trust anyone until it’s made official by the club.  

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

Nyland hasn't been that bad when given the chance. 

Agreed - but being "not that bad" is a significant downgrade on Heaton - and could prove decisive in the relegation fight.

This could relegate us.

He pulls off saves you don't expect anyone to make. Match winners. Point winners. 

Didn't look too bad to me, can't even see where he injures himself. Hoping he jarred it or something. This is devastating.

Nyland's distribution is better no question. He's fantastic off both feet. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Heaton is obviously the better keeper, but Nylands distribution is the best at the club. Seems odd how people just pick random things without any evidence to put down players who arent liked. 

It really is. His flapping has been problem in past but I'd argue most of Forest goals in the 5-5 were defences fault(think Conor was guilty for a couple from memory). 

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It really is. His flapping has been problem in past but I'd argue most of Forest goals in the 5-5 were defences fault(think Conor was guilty for a couple from memory). 

That Forest game was an abomination. He let in every shot. Can't remember think it's the first and the last that should have been stopped, definitely the last one. Could have done something for Lolley's as well.

Good with his feet, he had work to do everywhere else. Hope he's been working on it all during some time out the team. Playing behind Mings will be nicer for him.

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That Forest game was an abomination. He let in every shot. Can't remember think it's the first and the last that should have been stopped, definitely the last one. Could have done something for Lolley's as well.

Good with his feet, he had work to do everywhere else. Hope he's been working on it all during some time out the team. Playing behind Mings will be nicer for him.

Had a rewatch

#1 Not much he can do about that

#2 and #3 appalling from Hutton and Tuanzebe no shot should've been allowed so easily

#4 worldie didn't move. 

#5 should've done better

Nyland is and was a good shot stopper. But from the disasters we've last season, it's hard to trust him. Although he done well whenever he came this season.

I hope Heaton injury isn't that bad. He's the best we've had since god knows how long!

not sure why everyone is freaking.  Nyland looks a different much more confident keeper this season.  he was world class against liverpool in the cup and did well today when he came on.  the take from the final corner was excellent.  he's more than earnt a second chance.

• Like 2

Â