Matt Targett

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The Digne news has shaken his confidence. When this guy is at rock bottom, he’s at rock bottom (see Watford game). Agree with the comments on his fitness.

He's been like this for weeks. Caught out of position far too often defensively and going forward has cement feet. Offers nothing right now.

I like Matt a lot, but he’s been a bit a of a liability on the ball lately, and replacing him with Digne makes us a better team. Such is the business. 

• Like 1

He takes 3 or 4 too many touches, then plays a hospital ball to anybody as long as he doesn't have it. He slows down every attack. The only reason he seemed to improve is because we dominated the second game and he hardly saw the ball or any pressure.

Not only is he not good enough to be first choice, he isnt good enough to be 2nd choice either.

Many people digging him out on Twitter and getting a bit nasty. I think this is unfair. He has his limitations we know this but he always gives 100%. Of course we can improve in his position but give the guy a break. Thought he done well today for the most part.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’m not convinced he did tonight. Some of the passes he played today were so so bad. Easy simple passes too. 

I think he does try hard. Doesn't always work out for him though and tonight was definitely a bit dodgy! 

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He is so so poor in the final third of the pitch. So many attacks break down with him. He also doesn't cover enough ground. 

Ye he just doesn't progress the ball forward when receiving it. I get the point people make that the quality of Grealish enabled him to do more further forward. When he is free in space to cross too it is so often either charged down or played along the floor for a defender to clear.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually kind of feel bad for Matty.

Love him and he seems like a great bloke, outstanding last season as well, but he just isn't a consistent starter for where we want to go 😔

My thought exactly 

• Like 1

Â