Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Not sure this is really the thread for this question or if it's something that can be fixed but does anyone else struggle to get 4G signal at VP? I am on 02 and I never get 4G signal no matter where in the ground I sit. It is so frustrating not being able to check/cash out of bets or check other scores etc.

It's strange as I get full phone signal so I can make calls and send texts but no internet. I see other people on their phones so maybe it's just me

Sorry if this has already been brought up

I have the same issue as you, with O2 also. Last season they said they were sorting out the network for EE & O2 but it still hasn't happened.

I know that Vodafone works perfectly, not sure about other networks.

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I have the same issue as you, with O2 also. Last season they said they were sorting out the network for EE & O2 but it still hasn't happened.

I know that Vodafone works perfectly, not sure about other networks.

Surprised Vodafone works! I was on Vodafone years ago and the phone signal was terrible let alone 4G!

I hope they do sort it I was kind of hoping it was just my phone so I could get it sorted but by the sounds of things I am not the only one.

I'd love them to get some free WiFi there but that's not going to happen I don't think 

5 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Surprised Vodafone works! I was on Vodafone years ago and the phone signal was terrible let alone 4G!

I hope they do sort it I was kind of hoping it was just my phone so I could get it sorted but by the sounds of things I am not the only one.

I'd love them to get some free WiFi there but that's not going to happen I don't think 

I love the fact everyone still thinks Vodafone is terrible. I've been on Vodafone for about 5 years now and I always get 4G at Villa Park.

I think people still have this opinion of Vodafone that was formed in about 2006 :D

• Like 1

Could do with replacing the bulb in the big villa badge on the holte side of the trinity fascia. The badge was just a pair of dangling legs. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 18:32, Talldarkandransome said:

The sound system seems to have improved, or maybe it was my seat position. I didn't get the normal crackling mess. I could actually hear it

Still bloody deafening in the upper holte though. I'm surprised all our st holders up there aren't deaf. Crazy Train is always painful. 

I'm genuinely planning to take some ear plugs until the players come out next time. 

You asked for small things. 

In the larger of the 2 mens toilets on the right hand side of the Holte there are acres of empty wall space around the sinks.  There are 2 paper to towel dispensers in this area, one sitting amongst all the spare wall space but the other is right above the sinks so you can't get to it when people are washing their hands. 

It's no biggie but I can't for the life of me think why they put it there when there is all that spare wall space. 

Still not enough bins for discarded towels mind. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I remember at the start of the season they announced different food would be served in different areas. Does anyone know what they have got in the upper holte  now? Can’t find the info they provided at the time

Not picking on you in particular.

Please keep this thread for things which OBE can report to the club that need fixing. Start a new thread if an existing one doesn't fit.

Ran out of food at half time in the north upper kiosks on Saturday, not even a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps to be had.  Not only is it bad for consumers, but it makes baffling business sense.. did they not know we were coming?? it was nearly a fortnight since our last home game, surely plenty of time to get stock in. genuinely couldn't believe what I was being told.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, handsworthlion said:

Ran out of food at half time in the north upper kiosks on Saturday, not even a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps to be had.  Not only is it bad for consumers, but it makes baffling business sense.. did they not know we were coming?? it was nearly a fortnight since our last home game, surely plenty of time to get stock in. genuinely couldn't believe what I was being told.

The fridges don't work in the kiosk towards T5 either, so you can have a nice, warm coke if you want.

They haven't been able to sell pies or sausage rolls all season because the heater thingamajigs are broken too. They still display them in the broken heater thingamajigs every game. I think they just want people to ask for them so they can say they can't have them.

Surprisingly, there's rarely anybody queuing at this kiosk so you can get told you can't have any refreshments really quickly. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, handsworthlion said:

They did not have any hot food before kickoff! my mate could only get a double decker!

17 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Surprisingly, there's rarely anybody queuing at this kiosk so you can get told you can't have any refreshments really quickly. 

That's the A-Class service you get in the Premier League. Enjoy it buster! These are the glory days!

• Haha 2

On 30/09/2019 at 18:16, S-Platt said:

They did not have any hot food before kickoff! my mate could only get a double decker!

Wow, there was me thinking Michel Lotito had died! 

Â