Where Will Villa Finish 2019- '20?

maqroll

Where Will Villa Finish 2019-'20?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will Villa Finish 2019-'20?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/19 at 04:01

The stated goal will be to win the league of course, but I think everyone involved will be content with survival as long as progress is being made. I think we'll take a couple of scalps before November and then take some beatings over the winter. But we'll rebound in the spring. I think we'll finish 14th. 

A cup run would be nice, but this will be a year of grinding out results.

UTV

• Like 1

I'm going for a respectable 8th. 

Now of course we're aiming to win the league as every team should, but looking at the table over the last few years 50 points on average gets you 8th.

Maybe I am underestimating the bottom 10 teams in the league, but I think Smith's ethos of getting his squad playing as a team will make us dangerous against the weaker sides. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I've gone 17th...although with our current (lack of a) squad I'd make us favourites for the drop. Everything depends on who we sign and how lucky we get with injuries etc but I have faith in Deano et all to get us over the line.

If we do enough to finish 17th I'll be happy, and in the PL it's so tight at the bottom that if you can finish 17th then you can finish 10th with just one or two little bits of luck here and there

4 minutes ago, weedman said:

although with our current (lack of a) squad I'd make us favourites for the drop.

Na, I sure if we go with what we've right now we should just about make the top 4.

If not, we dust ourselves off and we go again.  :D

This is like predicting how a car will do at Le Mans with the engine still at the works factory, no tyres selected, no brakes, most of the fuel system in bits on the floor, an aero package existing on computers only, no springs, turbo supplier in consultation only, gearbox being recondtioned from last year...

We have sponsors, carbon fibre cut for the dash, one of the drivers and a chassis though. 

• Like 1

I’ve voted 17th and I would be so happy if we got 17th. I know it’s hardly the upper echelons of the PL, but realistically that would be a resounding success. Any place higher than 18th is a massive bonus.  

• Like 1

I was confident if we could keep the spine and sign some quality players we could finish around 10th. Still some work to do, but confident we will stay away from the relegation battle.

As this can only be based on who we currently have in our squad, I've put 20th. We have so much work to do.

(Surely this sort of poll would make more sense at the end of the transfer window?)

• Like 1

I've gone for a very respectable 12th but if the season were to start now I think we would really struggle tbh, so we really need to be signing some quality over the next 6-8 weeks. Some of the players we've been linked with have impressed me - Gomez, Butland, Benrahma - and others have been very meh - Phillips, Targett, and most recently Webster. If we get more of the impressive players in who we've been linked with, we may even do better than 12th, but it really depends on who we sign and if signings like Wesley hit the ground running. 

I don't think finishing 17th is particularly good - yes, we've stayed up, but it will look like another Huddersfield situation and that is not the club I want Villa to be emulating. It will also make it harder to attract the bigger names we need for our second season in the top flight as they will associate us with a struggling club. I'd like to think we can make a fist of it and even win a couple of games against the top six and certainly win a lot of games against the struggling teams. So if we finish higher end of the bottom half (e.g. 11th-14th) I'll be very content. If we finish top 10 it will have been an amazing season. 

Â