Where Will Villa Finish 2019- '20?

maqroll

Where Will Villa Finish 2019-'20?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will Villa Finish 2019-'20?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/19 at 04:01

We were a long way behind a lot of these teams , the 12 we’ve signed have improved us , no doubt , but I don’t know if we’ve improved enough for top half.

i think we are better than Norwich , Sheff U , Burnley , Newcastle ... and possibly Brighton and Southampton , so that’s really our challenge to come above all of them.

i think then we move to the Fat Sam stage and tweak with 2 or 3 big signings next season and reel in a few more clubs and challenge for top half

but who knows , tbf I’ve not seen a lot of our new signings play before , we could have unearthed some absolute gems 

I’ll be happy with a decent performance today v Spuds and keeping the score respectable... Bournemouth will be a more realistic bench mark on our survival chances ... though obviously I’m not suggesting we judge them after 2 games 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We were a long way behind a lot of these teams , the 12 we’ve signed have improved us , no doubt , but I don’t know if we’ve improved enough for top half.

i think we are better than Norwich , Sheff U , Burnley , Newcastle ... and possibly Brighton and Southampton , so that’s really our challenge to come above all of them.

i think then we move to the Fat Sam stage and tweak with 2 or 3 big signings next season and reel in a few more clubs and challenge for top half

but who knows , tbf I’ve not seen a lot of our new signings play before , we could have unearthed some absolute gems 

I’ll be happy with a decent performance today v Spuds and keeping the score respectable... Bournemouth will be a more realistic bench mark on our survival chances ... though obviously I’m not suggesting we judge them after 2 games 

Probably the first @tonyh29 post I’ve ever agreed with word for word. Only took 10k posts! 

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think we are better than Norwich , Sheff U , Burnley , Newcastle ... and possibly Brighton and Southampton , so that’s really our challenge to come above all of them.

Add Palace and Bournemouth into that list, Watford at a stretch and I’d say they’re the ones we might have a chance of finishing above. I doubt we’ll be better than all of them, but hopefully at least 3 of them. Newcastle, Palace and Burnley to go down, Villa 15th.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

Add Palace and Bournemouth into that list, Watford at a stretch and I’d say they’re the ones we might have a chance of finishing above. I doubt we’ll be better than all of them, but hopefully at least 3 of them. Newcastle, Palace and Burnley to go down, Villa 15th.

i cant see Norwich or Sheff U surviving ... let’s hope Newcastle do the honourable thing and deprive Burnley and Palace of that last spot :) 

Norwich finished eighteen points above us last season, when Smith was appointed they were only three points ahead of us, if we finish above them this season it will mean we will have had to have had one hell of a really great transfer window. Wouldn't rule us out finishing much higher, but would probably take seventeenth now and League Cup and FA Cup double.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not sure the 12 are all an improvement. 3 obviously we had last year. Is wesley an improvement over tammy? Engels or konsa and improvement of tuanzabe? And you need to take into account the fact that weve squeezed in 12 new players, settling will have an impact.

I've enjoyed the window but we cant put blinkers on, we finished 5th in the championship. This will be very tough.

• Like 3

I think we are short one forward—someone who could have played on the wing or up front and got goals. I think this could be a big problem. I hope Kodj and Davis step up a level, but we have to be realistic here too—the jury is out. It just goes to show how much of a rebuild we needed this summer that we sign this many players and still could do with 1/2 more.

I don't have much faith today. I think we'll have Hourihane at DM, and as much as I like him as a player, he was barely good enough in the Championship in that position. He will cost us goals and we're playing the Champions League Finalists. He's not quick enough to play there and we're not good enough to pin Spurs back and dominate possession to compensate. I fear a drubbing. I hope to be surprised though. I'm excited, but I think managed expectations is clearly the way to go.

I expect we'll be in a battle in the lower half of the table. I hope for better! Just as long as we stay up and get a chance to build more next year.

Edited by praisedmambo

13 hours ago, useless said:

Norwich finished eighteen points above us last season, when Smith was appointed they were only three points ahead of us, if we finish above them this season it will mean we will have had to have had one hell of a really great transfer window. Wouldn't rule us out finishing much higher, but would probably take seventeenth now and League Cup and FA Cup double.

You would 'probably' take Premier League survival *and* winning a cup double!! :D

Personally, I would be pleased with 17th alone. And I'm very far from confident we will achieve even that. 

We've enough about us to stay up. It'll be a struggle though. We're far from the finished article and we're still a flawed side, predominately have concerns we'll struggle to score (saying that, I can also see is handing out a good hiding to someone when everything comes together for us. Equally we're going to suffer a spanking or 2). 15th is looking likely.

Â