Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How did Watford get Emmanuel Dennis for 3m and we got Wesley for 20m?

Brugge tried the same thing for Dennis. Tried holding out for £25m. Allegedly Arsenal and United were interested a couple years back (according to his agent so may be BS). Nobody offered the money and so Dennis ran his contract down as he was annoyed and eventually got his Prem move to a lucky Watford for £3m.

Where as we wanted Wes, had the cash and if anything we happily inflated his fee so that he'd be classed as our record (Bent was £18m without the clauses that made him £24m) and he'd get more points towards a work permit.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

How did Watford get Emmanuel Dennis for 3m and we got Wesley for 20m?

His record at Bruges was pretty shit and had a poor loan spell at Koln. Always a chance this is a flash in the pan

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His record at Bruges was pretty shit and had a poor loan spell at Koln. Always a chance this is a flash in the pan

His record isn't that shit. He's not a central striker is he? But just watching the two, Dennis has a lot more to his game.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

His record isn't that shit. He's not a central striker is he? But just watching the two, Dennis has a lot more to his game.

He is about to beat his personal best for goals in a season with his next goal. He seems to play central when i have seen him

He got 0 in 18 games last season 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is about to beat his personal best for goals in a season with his next goal. He seems to play central when i have seen him

You are correct, he does mostly play centrally 👍

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

He did an interview and said he was having some off field issues.

Pretty sure in 19/20 he scored twice away to Real Madrid in CL so he's one of those who had talent but lost his way and needed a fresh start out of spotlight.

Think it's best for all concerned if Wes goes back to Brazil and tries to rebuild his career back in his homeland. Perhaps he'll get back to europe eventually. I wish him well.

Is this going to be another striker that we sign for decent money and let go on a free? Can’t see anyone buying him.

McCormack, Hogan and Wesley have cost us something like £45m and we could end up getting bugger all out of it.

I still hope someone snaps Ben Mee in two, the dirty arrogant dickhead.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I still hope someone snaps Ben Mee in two, the dirty arrogant dickhead.

3-0 up with 5 minutes to go, Wesley is sent on for his retribution. A knee high, two footed tackle, the sound of Mee's leg breaking echoes around Villa Park followed by rapturous applause, a red card and a lap of honour before disappearing down the tunnel....never to be seen again. The wider football World rejoices.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 3

Wes needs time to heal still as well as gain confidence. Sadly at Brugge he isn’t going to get that, they need someone ready to fire on all cylinders. The mental and physical rehab from that tackle isn’t going to be short, if he can go out to Brazil and play some matches, I would be excited to see him back in a villa shirt

The good thing about Brazil as well, is the first four-five months of their season (which starts in January) is a regional division setup, so whoever he’d sign for, he’d be playing against a majority of lower league teams, which would be great to get his fitness and match fitness back up, before the proper league starts in around May. 

• Like 2

Given how bad that injury was it's remarkable he can even have a career anymore. His knee joint appeared to have been torn apart.

Whoever can end Mee's early should have a statue built to them. Horrific word removed.

On 29/12/2021 at 16:02, The Fun Factory said:

Would he pass a medical? Sounds like Villa asked Brugge for a favour to send him on loan. Sadly I don't think he will ever recover from that assault Mee dished out on him nearly 2 years ago.

I was thinking this the other day. 

He should be over the injury now. How he is now physically is probably as good as it's going to get. 

I doubt he'll ever play at the top again. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, useless said:

HLN are apparently reporting that he's about to join Sport Club Internacional on a one year loan deal, at the end of which he will have just six months left on his Villa contract.

He'll have 18 months left. His contract expires in June 2024

What's important is he'll have only 6mil amortisation left on his contract and we'll have about 2.7m left in wages to pay him. Which means we can let him go for a small fee with no material impact to our p/l for the season

Â