Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

And not even a free kick awarded like Wes's, what is VAR for, absolute clowns.

Touche. VAR is the biggest pile of BS introduced any sport ever. Or the PL use of the technology is anyway. Laughable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

And not even a free kick awarded like Wes's, what is VAR for, absolute clowns.

A lot of stupid decisions were made before Var so if say even 50% of the obvious errors are cleared up I can handle that. What I can’t handle is Var overturning decisions that were correct like the Mane offside. Wtf is all that about? 

Keeping on topic it will be good to see Wesley back to add another dimension for certain games. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of stupid decisions were made before Var so if say even 50% of the obvious errors are cleared up I can handle that. What I can’t handle is Var overturning decisions that were correct like the Mane offside. Wtf is all that about? 

Keeping on topic it will be good to see Wesley back to add another dimension for certain games. 

He will be coming back without the pressure of being a big money signing too and in to a better team on a high.

He showed promise and now the pressure is off he will be a brilliant addition to the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

He will be coming back without the pressure of being a big money signing too and in to a better team on a high.

He showed promise and now the pressure is off he will be a brilliant addition to the team.

Disagree with this, the pressure of coming back into a team pushing for there first Premier League title will be immense just depends how he handles it!

• Haha 2

Just now, zab6359 said:

Disagree with this, the pressure of coming back into a team pushing for there first Premier League title will be immense just depends how he handles it!

Nah. We'll have it wrapped up by then.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Can’t wait to have him back personally, he is a better or was a better player than many have him credit for and I hope he returns the same player. We were a poorer side once he was injured and it will be great to have him as a different option in the squad.

100% and we need to play him a little deeper. He is a striker who likes to link with other players. Perhaps Ollie on the right, Wes as a deep striker, Jack on the left could be an option, or even 2 up front with Wes deeper.

That will bring out the best in him.

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Can’t wait to have him back personally, he is a better or was a better player than many have him credit for and I hope he returns the same player. We were a poorer side once he was injured and it will be great to have him as a different option in the squad.

Agreed but I think that was more to do with our other options, than how good he was. 

He struggled a lot. 12 games without a goal and 4 straight games without a shot is abysmal really. 

He showed glimpses and as a back up striker, he can now hopefully develop and progress. But I'd be amazed if he ever put watkins place under threat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

100% and we need to play him a little deeper. He is a striker who likes to link with other players. Perhaps Ollie on the right, Wes as a deep striker, Jack on the left could be an option, or even 2 up front with Wes deeper.

That will bring out the best in him.

Agreed, he’s played a lot with another striker next to him when at Brugge. Wouldn’t mind seeing it against teams who play 5/3 at the back this season.

• Like 1

It's good to hear from Wes and to see him bonding with the new players. I really have a feeling that he's going to come back and be an absolute menace when his chance arrives. He's got the physique to be a beast in the pitch and he's clearly got talent, it was just a big move for him and his young family to bring the family to Birmingham. He will be well settled by the time he hits the back of the net again and I reckon he will be the real deal once he starts scoring again. 

By the way, that Van Dijk thing had nothing to do with the challenge. His legs were still twisted from the run-around Jack and the boys gave him two weeks ago. 

Swear people have forgotten how absolutely awful his general play was. Expecting him to come back from a career killer of an injury and expect him to be better than he was, or be any where near Ollie is so laughable I don't know where to start. 

But it's classic VT. The longer absence, then better footballer you are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

people have forgotten how absolutely awful his general play was

Its the opposite for me. His general play was decent, often good. My concern was that for such a strong man, he’d go down far too easily and sulk at not being given a free kick, plus the more obvious issue of not only not scoring enough goals, but not getting into position to score those goals often enough.

• Like 4

Â