Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He's back.

Not for long - sounds like a loan deal back to Brazil is all but done. 

I do feel for Wesley - horror tackle has all but ended his career with us, just as he was starting to look like he could be useful. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At this point regardless of how it affects Aston Villa I really hope he captures some form and finds a place somewhere. He had plenty of admirers before his injury and now his footballing career looks in jeopardy. Hopefully things work out for the big guy.

• Like 4

On 03/01/2022 at 11:04, CVByrne said:

He'll have 18 months left. His contract expires in June 2024

What's important is he'll have only 6mil amortisation left on his contract and we'll have about 2.7m left in wages to pay him. Which means we can let him go for a small fee with no material impact to our p/l for the season

**** Ben Mee, that guy should not be playing football, but man I’d let that word removed go through my leg for £2.7m.

Crazy that players who have such an unfortunate injury still earn silly money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I know it was a bad injury… is it an injury where it’s impossible to get back to the level you would’ve been before the injury?

Just curious.

it would definitely limit him physically somewhat.

I think it’s such fine margins at the top, and when you’re not particularly good, relatively, in the first place I think it’s tough for players than might have been late bloomers bloom at all. 

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I know it was a bad injury… is it an injury where it’s impossible to get back to the level you would’ve been before the injury?

Just curious.

it was one of those injuries that has vastly variable outcomes (Van Dijk had a similar injury when Pickford scissor tackled him):

X percentage can achieve a full return with no negative impact.

X percentage can return but may not be able to play to their previous standard.

X percentage can return but will only be able to play at a vastly lower level.

X percentage may never be able to return to a high level of playing.

X percentage will never play professionally again.

etc etc etc.

iirc Smith said his specific injury was the worst version of that injury he had ever seen, and that Wesley even returned to playing at any level was effectively a testament to his hard work and dedication to returning to fitness etc.

From what we have seen, i doubt Wesley will ever return to playing at a high level, but he might play at a lower level, i hope he manages to forge out some type of decent career though, nobody deserves what that scum bag Mee did to him.

dont want to get in to Mee, but he should be banned imo, for a long time, he effectively ended Wesley's career, and has done a good job of trying to end Gomez's with effectively the same tackle, shouldnt be allowed.

Ben Mee - both tackles by him that broke a leg and ended a career effectively, both "scissor tackles" (f***** tool idiot scum f*** - doesnt deserve to play professional football)

image.png.a1331e073ea0406704d78fa61712b162.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

On 07/01/2022 at 13:14, theboyangel said:

Does that align with the Brazilian season length? 

hope it does him some good and he manages to prolong his career

Season starts in April and ends in November so effectively he gets a pre-season and a full season of football whilst on loan.

• Thanks 1

Â