Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

My memory is going but didn’t we used to complain that we don’t get a home game first and last game of the season....same again! Glad we have Boxing Day home game, love having an excuse to get out after Xmas day.

The prem has changed a lot in the 3 years we've been away, and a lot of small clubs have made a lot of money. Every game will look tricky to a newly promoted side who have had to play with mostly 2nd tier players for 3 years. Only way to combat the difference is to have a good coach and chuck money at the squad. We have both, I think we'll be ok if we recruit properly. Its a new era and im looking forward to the challenge. The owners are ambitious and want to make us brilliant again, lets see how we shape up come August 10.

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The prem has changed a lot in the 3 years we've been away, and a lot of small clubs have made a lot of money. Every game will look tricky to a newly promoted side who have had to play with mostly 2nd tier players for 3 years. Only way to combat the difference is to have a good coach and chuck money at the squad. We have both, I think we'll be ok if we recruit properly. Its a new era and im looking forward to the challenge. The owners are ambitious and want to make us brilliant again, lets see how we shape up come August 10.

Completely agree hence why I’ve downgraded my expectations to 33 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses.

• Haha 1

Very happy with the fixture list, only one tough run of games October/November, if we can get through that relatively unscathed confidence and injury wise then we have a nice little run over Christmas to get up a head of steam and make some points back.Other than that it seems pretty balanced to me.

Can't wait!

10 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Biggest change is the top 6.

If they don't win a match v non-top 6 side it's viewed as a disastrous result. 

We will know a lot in late Feb as to our staying up.  A lot could change if the right players come in and the team binds, but they are big unknowns. As it stands now we will be the underdog of each of those last ten games.

or

We could get a really good start here, if we are top ten at January the morale will be very high, we should do quite reasonably in those post February games, belief is massive for a team and attracting January stars!

norwich and palace both have tough run ins. ours isnt easy but not as bad as theirs. sheff utd and brighton have easy last 3 games...could be an interesting relegation battle

Just hope we get a team to be proud of this year, our last 5 or so years in the top flight we have been such a soft touch and incredibly easy to play against. Hopefully those days are gone, they should be in theory as we were hamstrung by inept owners/managers with no money to build. Thats all gone now, there's just so much to do this time around in regards to building and moulding a squad- thats my only concern

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would take 14th right now tbh. We are still in the rebuilding stages after years of neglect.

Too true we are whilst we must equally ensure we build the correct squad to remain in the Premier League and not going through a relegation dog fight.

We have a massive opportunity to do something here and I hope we do whikst at the same time we remain grounded and realistic about our first season back.

It won't be easy anyway.. but lets also not make it tougher on ourselves.

• Like 1