Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

FYP.

Exactly! Why is everyone saying they would take 14th or mid-table or top half as if its expected and anything less is a bad season. Survival is the only thing that matters this season as far as im concerned and id be thrilled with anything more than that. Lets not get carried away people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We need to ensure we build a decent team.

If we can conquer between 8th-14th on our first season back then I won't grumble.

I’d stockpile the valium, man, cos I have a feeling you’re gonna have a disappointing year.

For myself I would take survival as a stepping stone to allow a squad rebuild. 

• Like 4

Ecstatic with 17th. For the love of God stop saying you'd take midtable, that's what we should be aiming for over next 2-5 years unless there is serious money available (technically yes it is, but no evidence so far NSWE willing to invest serious cash)

• Like 2

City

Liverpool

Wolves

Newcastle 

United

Chelsea

Leicester

That's a hard run going into Christmas when the fixtures will then come thick and fast as our fixtures become 'easier' we'll be knackered. Especially if Newcastles takeover goes through and they invest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

City

Liverpool

Wolves

Newcastle 

United

Chelsea

Leicester

That's a hard run going into Christmas when the fixtures will then come thick and fast as our fixtures become 'easier' we'll be knackered. Especially if Newcastles takeover goes through and they invest.

5 of those sides will be in European competition, and possibly the league cup too during that period. Also, we've done well in big game matches, so I wouldn't rule out a surprise win, or a couple of handy draws then either. As long as we pick a few draws. The Newcastle game is obviously significant, that could be a game we need to win to bolster low gains either side of it, but it is far too early to worry unduly about any of the fixtures yet. 

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd love it if we went spurs and won that be brilliant.

I do think last games are tough united, wolves Everton and arsenal 

I remember us doing that in 1978 IIRC. Argentina had won the WC ans Spuds had signed Ardiles & Villa. We were expected to get smashed.

Spoiled their wankfest with a 4-1 win

• Like 2

For a newly promoted side you'd have to say they are all going to be tough games. The great thing now though is we have a manager who wants to try and win every week. I have no doubt we'll get battered some weeks but if we stick to our principles and give Smith the right tools for the job we can stay up and surprise a few people in the process. Spurs away is a tough start, but then we're at home for the next two. 

• Like 1

we need to come out of the blocks straight away at spurs.

Ali and Kane look finished Errikson's off, the keepers an unreliable piss head, the manager is fluttering his eyelids at any big job that comes available there's nothing to fear.

I think we will go there and take the points. I'm defiantly getting a ticket for this one even tho it's on tv

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I’d stockpile the valium, man, cos I have a feeling you’re gonna have a disappointing year.

For myself I would take survival as a stepping stone to allow a squad rebuild. 

I think we're more than capable of surviving if we sign the right personnel to compliment our existing players.

From how Purslow and co. are talking I don't think we will be building a team just to avoid relegation imo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we're more than capable of surviving if we sign the right personnel to compliment our existing players.

From how Purslow and co. are talking I don't think we will be building a team just to avoid relegation imo.

Hope so, certainly. It’s just very difficult to tell what the assembled team will look like at this stage, and how it will perform. I’d be delighted if we managed a mid table finish, but for me this would be a bonus. Over and above what I expect given the rebuild job we’re having to do. Exciting times tho’. God knows who we’ll sign by the end of the window!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Found this from a West Ham fan on one of their forums. Harsh or fair?

Only very mild complaint is having what currently on paper is the easiest fixture of the season – Villa at home – as the last game of the season.

Currently that is fair, come August I doubt it will be.