Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

This needs own thread!  This coming Thursday our fixtures are out. I am hoping one of the hard out the way early. away to united or city. Guaranteed we get a horrible December again as always. 

This is when Aston Villa's 2019/20 Premier League fixtures are out - and when the season kicks off

Aston Villa do not have long to wait to find out their fixtures for the 2019/20 campaign

Aston Villa have secured a spot in the Premier League for next season and all eyes are cast ahead to an important few months in the summer.

The 2019/20 Premier League season will get underway in August but the excitement has already started to build and will intensify when the fixtures for all 380 Premier League matches are decided.

Fans should note down Thursday, June 13 as the Premier League will release full dates at 9am BST - including the opening day of the season, all the big derbies, the Boxing Day fixtures and the matches for the final day.

The fixture schedule is always significant as it allows fans to identify what sort of start they can expect, where the tough tests will come and where they will feel their side can put together a strong run of form.

Plus they can plot the fixtures in their diaries - in pencil, of course, before the TV reschedulers get us all reaching for our erasers!

The 2019/20 season will begin on Saturday, 10 August - although the first fixture could be played on Friday, 9 August, as it has been for the past few years.

The season will then conclude on Sunday, 17 May 2020 and it will also be the first season to include a mid-season winter break, although the format is different to over top leagues as the break is spread out for each team and is not a removal of all fixtures.

Speaking about how he intends to tackle the Premier League for the first time in his managerial career, boss Dean Smith said: "We'll come up against the likes of Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp.

Aston Villa are back in the big-time!

Villa sealed their return to the Premier League with a thrilling play-off final victory over Derby County at Wembley.

It ends a three-year exodus from the top flight.

The claret and blue faithful are buzzing - here are the latest links you need to read.

"People might laugh at me but I'll still want to try and win those games."

"We know we have to recruit well to compete next season. That's massively the key.

"But the coaching side is important too. I want to continue to play football in a manner where where we're trying to win every game.

"That's the way you have to be. That's the way we'll approach it."

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't think we can list them can we? I'm sure there's a rule.

Anyway, I agree with a hard one to start. Man Utd away please, we can beat them going at them.

yes I remember that from our last seasons, strangest rule I have heard 

Got a feeling it will be Spurs away. Does seem the promoted teams usually get one of top 6 in first two games.

Have to say given how both finished the season I'd like Arsenal or Man. United up early at VP. Chance to beat the awful jinxes they hold over us.

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'd like a easier run to start off with to hopefully get some good results to help confidence. 

I wouldn't. Think I've looked at this before and you're more likely to grab points off the best teams the first couple of matches than later. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I wouldn't. Think I've looked at this before and you're more likely to grab points off the best teams the first couple of matches than later. 

Yeah fair point. Or playing them after Champions league / Europa games. 

City away or livepool away would be best but won't get completely thumped as they don't usually start full steam.  

I don't want something like city or united at home. Last thing we need is losing our first home game.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs away for me.

The big teams usually start off a bit slow which gives us a chance to take some points and get the games out of the way.

Wouldn't mind doing Spurs' new stadium early next season tbh.