Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why ?

They've already said there was no way they were ever going to have an open bus tour for being promoted via finishing essentially 3rd and that the only time a club like Aston Villa should consider such things would be when they win actual trophies. 

It would be a weird about face. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They've already said there was no way they were ever going to have an open bus tour for being promoted via finishing essentially 3rd and that the only time a club like Aston Villa should consider such things would be when they win actual trophies. 

It would be a weird about face. 

You wouldn't get a bus pitch side - We finished 5th !

you won't rest unless Donald Trump is our chairman ! - its pathetic  

22 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Would you parade your ex girlfriend to your new wife on your wedding night?

I would say that's a bad analogy

I would say it would be more like parading the cheap hooker you hired in that embarrassing period you had on your stag doo where your "mate" (Tony) spiked your drink with some kind of drugs and you went on a crazy mad rampage which seemed to last for 3 years.  You bring in the hooker admit what went on between you, even the bit with the ketchup bottle, and break down in tears at your new wife's feet begging her to still take you as her husband, sobbing on your knees outstretched arms with palms of hands uplifted to her imploring, wishing to god that whole episode had never happened and wondering what the hell you were thinking when you invited the hooker to the wedding when you could have just forgotten the whole episode ever happened.

Although you will of course think on that night from time to time and get a little hot under the collar.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Would you parade your ex girlfriend to your new wife on your wedding night?

Yes - provided she had took it up the wrong un a couple of hours earlier

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

How soon after the fixtures are released do Sky and BT take their pick ?

Quickly for opening weekend. Think they're involved with a lot of the negotiation for the whole season. That's how you end up with DERBY DAY or TOP 4 CLASH where favourable tv fixtures all fall on the same weekend.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

You wouldn't get a bus pitch side - We finished 5th !

you won't rest unless Donald Trump is our chairman ! - its pathetic  

What on earth... 

I'm literally just telling you what they said in Purslow and Deano's sit down after the final. It's on the club's YouTube channel if you want to check it out. They were pretty adamant that the moment has gone, celebrations done, we crack on. It would be strange if they went from that to parading the trophy around the pitch before our first Premier League game. IMO. 

I've no idea what the last line is about. For the record in case anyone thinks I'm a fan as you've alluded to, if Trump was our chairman I'd stage a dirty protest in the Holte End. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Apparently there is a winter break this coming season, not sure about the details

so the teams can fly out to whatever country their main sponsor or owner is from and play a couple of friendlies?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What on earth... 

I'm literally just telling you what they said in Purslow and Deano's sit down after the final. It's on the club's YouTube channel if you want to check it out. They were pretty adamant that the moment has gone, celebrations done, we crack on. It would be strange if they went from that to parading the trophy around the pitch before our first Premier League game. IMO. 

I've no idea what the last line is about. For the record in case anyone thinks I'm a fan as you've alluded to, if Trump was our chairman I'd stage a dirty protest in the Holte End. 

I was a bit bored. Weve just got promoted, seem to have good owners, a good manager. Making sensible signings....

I just miss the VT of old. I kinda wish we would give hogan and micah new contracts so we have something to rage about.

On topic, make hay while the sunshines, one last hurrah with the trophy....then the grind begins.

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

I was a bit bored. Weve just got promoted, seem to have good owners, a good manager. Making sensible signings....

I just miss the VT of old. I kinda wish we would give hogan and micah new contracts so we have something to rage about.

On topic, make hay while the sunshines, one last hurrah with the trophy....then the grind begins.

Ah ok. I don't mind you trolling me as long as I know that's what you're doing!

We did the thing where we won the thing, we sang the song, it's done. Personally I'll be happy if I never see another of those championships what they have these days again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Apparently there is a winter break this coming season, not sure about the details

It's in February and it's staggered. Each team get a 10 day break, just over different weekends. So 5 games one weekend 5 games the other I think. FA cup 5th round will now be midweek.

For our opening game I want 3-0 to us at home to Man United, nice. And then Alan Hansen can come out of retirement and say "you can't win anything with kids". Only this time I hope they won't win the league! :s

Edited by robby b

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

For our opening game I want 3-0 to us at home to Man United, nice. And then Alan Hansen can come out of retirement and say "you'll never win anything with kids". Only this time I hope they won't win the league! :s

I'd take it if it meant we finish 4th and win a cup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1