Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I am excited about the games themselves, I'm just not looking forward to what that run of games could do to our league position and team confidence if we get completely annihilated. Each match by itself is exciting don't get me wrong, it's the run of games that I'm not excited about. 

I understand what you mean. As always momentum is important, if we can get some good results early on then that gives us a bit of belief and helps us to tough out those difficult runs of games. 

We don’t want to be too far a drift of the top 4 by the new year 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

I know it's pretty sad , but I'm excited about us playing on sky sports premier League for first time 

In UHD as well!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I understand what you mean. As always momentum is important, if we can get some good results early on then that gives us a bit of belief and helps us to tough out those difficult runs of games. 

We don’t want to be too far a drift of the top 2 by the new year 😀

FTFY

22 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Found this from a West Ham fan on one of their forums. Harsh or fair?

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175158&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=140

Only very mild complaint is having what currently on paper is the easiest fixture of the season – Villa at home – as the last game of the season.

Currently sure, we can barely field a team. Bit of an odd way to look at it mind you. 

Can't complain about the start of the season.  It's always preferable to get one of the strong sides out of the way first, and August is fairly kind as average finishing position last season goes.  In fact August ranks slap bang in the middle as far as difficulty goes.

September is kinder, and October is even kinder again, ranking 6th & 8th respectively out of the 10 months.

I am concerned with our finish though.  March, April & May are all in our top 4 most difficult months of the season, along with November.  April being the most difficult.  Now perish the thought BUT if we are to make hard work of this season, then we'd better have the heavy lifting done by the beginning of March.  Thankfully February is the easiest month of the season (all things being relative).

image.png

Below is the fixture list minus venue, just to keep a running average (just the current 5 game run) of how each run is.  But hey, it's all fluid and it'll all change.  Handy as a glance guide based on 18/19 values though.

image.png

Also, just to explain column 3.  That's where the current 5 games run ranks over the course of the season compared to all other 5 game runs, so you can see on week 21, where we play Burnley, that little 5 game run ranks 38th over the season (i.e. the easiest), because that run consists of Sheff U, Southampton, Norwich, Watford & Burnley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deano has already said he's aiming for first place, cracking attitude to have. Whilst I doubt few if any fans think this, the fact the people in charge do just speaks volumes about the ambition. I for one will be looking forward to every game believing we have a chance. Man City worry me as they can put 5 or 6 past anyone but not really worried about anyone else. The order they come in doesn't really matter to me, we have to play em all twice.

Like that @BOF.

I said much the same earlier, be good to not be desperate for points going into March. Possible to have a good Christmas for once as well.

How can the rolling average finish on 8.2, shouldn't it be somewhere between 9 and 10?

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Like that @BOF.

I said much the same earlier, be good to not be desperate for points going into March. Possible to have a good Christmas for once as well.

How can the rolling average finish on 8.2, shouldn't it be somewhere between 9 and 10?

Rolling average is only taking the most recent 5 games into account.  It's always a snapshot of the current game and the previous 4.  Like a 'form' number.  Just handy for showing how tricky that particular bit of the season is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Like that @BOF.

Aston Villa not included. 

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

we need to come out of the blocks straight away at spurs.

Ali and Kane look finished Errikson's off, the keepers an unreliable piss head, the manager is fluttering his eyelids at any big job that comes available there's nothing to fear.

I think we will go there and take the points. I'm defiantly getting a ticket for this one even tho it's on tv

Kane finished?? You on a wind up?

• Haha 1