Aston Villa Premier League Fixtures 19/20 Thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Omg have you seen our last few games. We have been proper shafted 

not easy but crucially there is no run where we are playing 3+ big sides in a row without a regular team intervening. April we have Wolves, at home , Liverpool away, and Manchester United at home but then Palace at home. Overall it's pretty good I think. Obviously, some of the months may look a lot harder or more manageable as the season gets going. I mean, the only sides I think any side in the PL should worry about are City, Liverpool, and maybe Spurs, maybe not. The other top 6, though obviously tough have long since lost their aura of invincibility about them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Omg have you seen our last few games. We have been proper shafted 

How so? It's the Premier League, the other teams in it are really good. 

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Come on, we finish against Wet Spam and there's not a horrible run in the whole season.

End of october to beginning of december looks pretty horrible to me but otherwise a decent , balanced draw. About as good as one could expect.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Liverpool and United back to back in April could potentially make or break our season.

West Ham last game of the season could see us over the line.

I think our title race could go to the last game this season.

Which United? Sheffield? West Ham? Newcastle? Manchester?

If Manchester then they're nothing special these days, it's the other club in Manchester you need to worry about

• Like 1

Just now, BG_Villa_Fan said:

End of october to beginning of december looks pretty horrible to me but otherwise a decent , balanced draw. About as good as one could expect.

Agreed, 

Man City (away), Liverpool (home), Wolves (away), Newcastle (home), Man Utd (away) and Chelsea (away).

Not looking forward to that. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Agreed, 

Man City (away), Liverpool (home), Wolves (away), Newcastle (home), Man Utd (away) and Chelsea (away).

Not looking forward to that. 

Surely those are the games to get excited about? Otherwise what’s the point of being promoted?

• Like 4

Sullied pants aside, I suppose we're so used to thinking we need something from every game that the fixture list looks very daunting. If we do assemble a team of good young potential then playing the likes of Spurs from the off then this is most definitely the way they step up and become premier league players. Looking forward to seeing our team develop - I just hope it happens!

• Like 3

As the old saying goes, you have to play everyone. I remember this time last year people were complaining about the fixtures, especially in December and towards the end of the season, but everything turned out alright in the end.

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Surely those are the games to get excited about? Otherwise what’s the point of being promoted?

I am excited about the games themselves, I'm just not looking forward to what that run of games could do to our league position and team confidence if we get completely annihilated. Each match by itself is exciting don't get me wrong, it's the run of games that I'm not excited about. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Where has all the midweek games gone? Its such a shame as I really liked wading through traffic on the M5 for those ones.

TV picks them in clumps. So when we're in the title mix they can put us on more.

• Like 1

Looks reasonably balanced.  Be good to get some points on the board through Aug/Sept so it's not too tense in Oct.  Do Dean's teams tend to start well?

Have to say though - there are so few games compared to the championship!  Seems to be mostly 3  month.