Women's World Cup 2019

KMitch

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It looks to me like she's the one making the contact though. Can you really give a penalty because the attacker makes contact when swinging to kick the ball? 

Yes

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

The question is, why the **** wasn't White taking the penalty?

Or Bronze, or KIrby. Seems like your natural finisher or best footballing players should be the ones to take it.

• Like 1

The Americans are a really unlikable side.

Obviously the best side in this tournament but with all the grim gamesmanship the worst in the men's side have. So many players that go down if anyone goes near them. Summed up at the death by Morgan holding onto the defender and then falling over.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The BBC coverage it shite.

wtf is an American doing on the so called panel of experts. Bla bla bla bull shit. Doing my head in big time.

Why shouldn’t an American be there? She’s been there all tournament 

• Like 1

Let's get it straight, that was absolutely the right result, and we didn't deserve that whatsoever. 

All that being said, I hate it when America win at anything related to football. My Twitter feed is going to be unreadable for days, just ream after ream of otherwise sound and interesting people suddenly rocket polishing on about their new-found interest in soccerball. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The BBC coverage it shite.

wtf is an American doing on the so called panel of experts. Bla bla bla bull shit. Doing my head in big time.

World cup winner hope solo?

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Why shouldn’t an American be there? She’s been there all tournament 

I'm a sour loser. I don't want anybody from the opposition telling me 'England played well and should hold their heads high'' with a smug smile on her face.

Thats why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, choffer said:

Hope Solo though. 

Can't hold a candle (fnarr, fnarr) to Alex Scott. She is one beautiful woman. 

If she played her cards right she could have me.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Can't hold a candle (fnarr, fnarr) to Alex Scott. She is one beautiful woman. 

If she played her cards right she could have me.  

To be fair I’ve not seen as much of Alex Scott as I have* of Hope Solo so she’s not out of the running. 

(* we all have). 

I think the BBC’s coverage has been excellent myself. No argument about USA being the better team but Wouid have been good to score from the pen and see what the USA did after that, once we missed that they just killed the game. 

• Like 2

Well it was entertaining whilst it lasted and I think what it proves it that womens footy should be a summer sport so it can grow in my opinion.

Nice to fill the gap for when there is no Mens footy.  

I think this tournament might inspire a lot of girls to take a chance playing the game.  

• Like 2

Â