Women's World Cup 2019

KMitch

Just to go back on what I said, I wasn't enjoying the football, but that has changed - I've watched more and found it enjoyable. I get so frustrated by the errors though, I see less in my local league.

Norway were stopped by a bunch of last minute clearances and recoveries.  And they're mostly amateurs. The US are the best women's team around. Every time they come forward they're getting a chance, in part because they're simply better but also because the defence has been hopeless. Bright, who has looked the weakest of the defence in every game, has been dreadful. The US's second she just... Well, she's nowhere. Marking nothing. Awful.

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Just to go back on what I said, I wasn't enjoying the football, but that has changed - I've watched more and found it enjoyable. I get so frustrated by the errors though, I see less in my local league.

There's no point comparing it to the men's. It's a spectacle, as any global tournament is, and if you can enjoy it for that, it's well worth a watch, but if you're wanting to watch a decent level of football? Nah. 

It's just objectively a lower standard of play than almost any organised men's match. The quality throughout is poor, everything is far more slow and error prone. watch them 'break' forward then just kind of dither for a few seconds over every pass. Passing is generally inaccurate, and every pass and shot is much weaker than you'd see in any male game above kid's levels.

It's made me realise Neil Taylor could be the best in the world if he had a sex change :P 

Edited by Davkaus

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's no point comparing it to the men's. It's a spectacle, as any global tournament is, and if you can enjoy it for that, it's well worth a watch, but if you're wanting to watch a decent level of football? Nah. 

It's just objectively a lower standard of play than almost any organised men's match. The quality throughout is poor, everything is far more slow and error prone. watch them 'break' forward then just kind of dither for a few seconds over every pass. Passing is generally inaccurate, and every pass and shot is much weaker than you'd see in any male game above kid's levels.

It's made me realise Neil Taylor could be the best in the world if he had a sex change :P 

Mate, all I hear is comparisons with how the men have done. 😁

Can still see a goal in this for us 

Just now, Chindie said:

I haven't seen a team struggle to get out of their half so badly since that Bradford game.

Mowbray football. We cannot pass it we may be technically inept, out classed and out pressed and continually getting caught....but God forbid we stop passing it around the back!

Â