Women's World Cup 2019

KMitch

Just now, Davkaus said:

**** ridiculous ruling out a goal for that. Offside is BS these days.

I mean it was literally offside. 

It's annoying because we haven't equalised. But it was the right decision.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It was offside, by the current rule. that's why I said I think the current offside rule is ridiculous rather than arguing the ref got it wrong.

I think the 'daylight' interpretation was more in the spirit of the rule than freezeframing and trying to identify someone being offside by millimeters. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There have been so many of these offsides given by var this tournament. Personally I hate the "you're offside if your little toe is further forward than the defender" rule that they are playing by these days.

I'd be more in favour of VAR not being used for offside. Stuff like having goals ruled out because someone was imperceptibly offside that ultimately doesn't really make a difference is daft. 

I thought it was for obvious errors?

If that's how they want to proceed with offisde and with VAR that's fine but it's another it's the consistency box, if they're going to do that for 1 incident they have to do it for all of them 

Every goal will be reviewed 

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, Chindie said:

I'd be more in favour of VAR not being used for offside. Stuff like having goals ruled out because someone was imperceptibly offside that ultimately doesn't really make a difference is daft. 

Agreed. 

I don't have a problem with VAR in general, I think it makes the game fairer, and I have no issue with the call that was made tonight, by the rules of the game it was 100% correct. Having goals rules out for being a fraction of an inch offside just seems ridiculous though.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pass it around your own half endlessly, nearly concede possession or concede possession time and time again...finally get to the half way line....LAUNCH IT FOR GOALKICK

John Stones inspired defending 

Just now, villa4europe said:

I thought it was for obvious errors?

This has never been the case for offside, no matter what ill-informed English commentators say.

Offside is considered a matter of fact, not interpretation, so 'clear and obvious' errors never come in to it, VAR is always able to overrule even if it's not an obvious error.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This has never been the case for offside, no matter what ill-informed English commentators say.

Offside is considered a matter of fact, not interpretation, so 'clear and obvious' errors never come in to it, VAR is always able to overrule even if it's not an obvious error.

So like i said pretty much every goal should be reviewed for offside

Which is a load of bollocks 

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

Penalty haha. Did clip back foot tbf. 

She didn't clip her back foot, the attacker moves her foot back and effectively kicks the defender.

Laughable decision.

Â