Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I’m quite sure they have other, private, targets which are more modest, but I have to say it’s very refreshing to hear Smith say with such clarity that the aim is to Win every game, and that he sees no point saying the target is 12th or whatever.

And having listened carefully to both owners and Purslow, I think they mean business.

• Like 3

We were either treading water or bailing out a sinking ship with our transfers the last few years of the prem. there has not been a moment of such optimism, whilst being in the premier league for about a decade. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We need VP sold out most weeks regardless of how we are doing. Can’t wait for next season. 

I can’t wait to get back to VP! It’s going to be like a carnival atmosphere!

I wonder. How Smith will approach the PL. We can't just attack attack attack here like we did in championship . We try that at City or Liverpool they will absolutely murder us. 

I think we do need to attack more but I think we have to be solid with our passing and hold the ball better than we have done at times.. 

Looking at the teams you would think relegation candidates in the mix will sadly be us Norwich sheff United Brighton Palace maybe Newcastle if they don't get sold and possibly Burnley or Bournemouth 

Edited by Demitri_C

Now the dust has settled this is the best analogy I can come up with

FAREWELL MY DARK MISTRESS

After many years together with the missus my life had gone a bit stale, I wasn't doing very well and I'd got in with the wrong crowd. You started texting me when I was low and we flirted with each other for a while. At my lowest I felt forced to meet up and you enticed me with your promises of new places and a fresh start. I parted with my old life by mutual consent and even though it broke my heart I knew it was necessary.

We started off ok and I thought maybe this could work, yeah maybe it'll be ok. After a while I had fallen for your promises and new ideas and things were good, I was getting back to how I was. I'd almost got over the loss of my old life and was starting again. Then I saw my exes mate who said she wanted to meet up for a chat, we talked briefly on a warm day in May but it didn't go too well. We decided I wasn't ready to repair the years of damage so we went our separate ways, I was devastated but she was thriving and carried on.

Then, last summer I hit rock bottom and I wanted to end it all, your promises were falling away and I was seeing your darker side. You had lied to me, possibly from day one. You had introduced me to some sketchy people who tried to use my vulnerability and good nature to get me hooked but ultimately I saw them for what they were. I started to meet some new people, it was difficult for me at first because you had twisted my mind and lowered my expectations but I decided to accept their hospitality and kind words. They didn't make any lofty promises but I knew they were good, they brought some new people into my life and we hit it off straight away. I was feeling much better about myself, I even looked much better. We had some ups and downs but I was buzzing again, my chest was out and I felt proud again. My old mates were back supporting me, they never left really they just didn't like what I had become.

Then I arranged to meet my ex again, it almost didn't happen but I did my absolute best to get to the meeting, it was another warm day in May and it felt much better than the last time we had met. I wasn't my stubborn old self and she seemed truly happy to see me this time. We thrashed it out for what felt like 2 hours but as it turned out we didn't need that long. We left together on our new journey, we didn't need to make idle promises as we had both changed and I felt the best I had for years.

So farewell my dark mistress, we had some great times and you showed me another side I'd forgotten about but I never want to see you again. I am back where I belong and with the right guidance I fully intend to stay there.

Goodbye

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Now the dust has settled this is the best analogy I can come up with

FAREWELL MY DARK MISTRESS

After many years together with the missus my life had gone a bit stale, I wasn't doing very well and I'd got in with the wrong crowd. You started texting me when I was low and we flirted with each other for a while. At my lowest I felt forced to meet up and you enticed me with your promises of new places and a fresh start. I parted with my old life by mutual consent and even though it broke my heart I knew it was necessary.

We started off ok and I thought maybe this could work, yeah maybe it'll be ok. After a while I had fallen for your promises and new ideas and things were good, I was getting back to how I was. I'd almost got over the loss of my old life and was starting again. Then I saw my exes mate who said she wanted to meet up for a chat, we talked briefly on a warm day in May but it didn't go too well. We decided I wasn't ready to repair the years of damage so we went our separate ways, I was devastated but she was thriving and carried on.

Then, last summer I hit rock bottom and I wanted to end it all, your promises were falling away and I was seeing your darker side. You had lied to me, possibly from day one. You had introduced me to some sketchy people who tried to use my vulnerability and good nature to get me hooked but ultimately I saw them for what they were. I started to meet some new people, it was difficult for me at first because you had twisted my mind and lowered my expectations but I decided to accept their hospitality and kind words. They didn't make any lofty promises but I knew they were good, they brought some new people into my life and we hit it off straight away. I was feeling much better about myself, I even looked much better. We had some ups and downs but I was buzzing again, my chest was out and I felt proud again. My old mates were back supporting me, they never left really they just didn't like what I had become.

Then I arranged to meet my ex again, it almost didn't happen but I did my absolute best to get to the meeting, it was another warm day in May and it felt much better than the last time we had met. I wasn't my stubborn old self and she seemed truly happy to see me this time. We thrashed it out for what felt like 2 hours but as it turned out we didn't need that long. We left together on our new journey, we didn't need to make idle promises as we had both changed and I felt the best I had for years.

So farewell my dark mistress, we had some great times and you showed me another side I'd forgotten about but I never want to see you again. I am back where I belong and with the right guidance I fully intend to stay there.

Goodbye

hmmmm

Either your missus has run off with another bloke - or you aren't going down the villa anymore.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder. How Smith will approach the PL. We can't just attack attack attack here like we did in championship . We try that at City or Liverpool they will absolutely murder us. 

I think we do need to attack more but I think we have to be solid with our passing and hold the ball better than we have done at times.. 

Looking at the teams you would think relegation candidates in the mix will sadly be us Norwich sheff United Brighton Palace maybe Newcastle if they don't get sold and possibly Burnley or Bournemouth 

You lose to Man City no matter what you do

They got superior players and a superior coach to everyone else

Edited by villalad21