Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We should start taking bets after which game the first VT post says something like "smith out"......I give it......some time during  pre season warm-up matches......

"out his depth" by Bonfire Night

6 hours ago, penguin said:

Keep Mings, Axel, El Ghazi and Tammy. Another quality winger and left back and we're in business!

Don't forget Hause, he took over from Mings and he filled his spot fantastically.

You can't leave Hause out he has been ace for us after his dodgy game and deserves to be amongst us as much as the rest of our loaners.

• Like 1

What we absolutely need to do is build a sustainable team of young players, no more mahoosive wages for average players with little potential. Champions League can wait till about 2025. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Be no Leeds fans in here 😉😂😂

I actually feel for Derby in a way, the display they put on against Leeds was amazing and for what Leeds did to us. I more than Derby were ace for having dumped Leeds out of it, they were the least dirtiest of them all in the play offs.

What an amazing day, back to the top flight, now it's waiting on what business we do in the summer and see who we can attract and see who leaves.

Obviously stoked about being here now, but let's be honest, the Championship is a better competition. Not in terms of talent of course, but in that it's so unpredictable. 

Now that we're in the Premier League, my expectations are currently very low. That's a good thing. Let's just win a few games and avoid the scare of relegation. Go from there. K. thanks. bye

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed our time in the Championship.

Winning 20-30 games every season compared to just scrapping through Premier League and only nicking 7-8 wins all season.

I'm hopeful we can actually do well this time around though.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Fewer games, later start to the Season, no Play Offs to look forward to.

Boo !

I did actually enjoy the extra evening midweek games we have down here, 3-3s with Preston, Sheffield United and the iconic 5-5 with Forest were three of the most entertaining home games I've seen at VP for years.

That's one thing I'll certainly miss from this league as think there's only 2-3 midweek rounds in premier league now and playing Brighton on a Monday night won't quite be the same.

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I actually enjoyed our time in the Championship.

Winning 20-30 games every season compared to just scrapping through Premier League and only nicking 7-8 wins all season.

I'm hopeful we can actually do well this time around though.

This season was good (apart from that dismal January-Feb bit). At least we played in many entertaining games which is what I saw of the championship before we came down.

16-17 was pretty much a dirge, we still needed to clear out the defeatist mentality on the playing squad.

17-18 we won lots and were close to automatic promotion but the style was very much of bump and grind.

56 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We'll have to wait a whole week for a game. THIS IS BULLSHIT! 

#PREMOUT

This is one thing I will miss, having a tonne of games to watch.

Although hopefully we can fill some of those gaps with cup runs etc.

I'm really excited about what's to come.

Not to suggest I am setting the benchmark high for where I think we will finish, just that I'm optimistic about the capabilities of some of our men.

2010/11 was my last memory of us being one of the better sides in the division, and our league standing barely reflected that. Houllier got sick. You know the deal.

McLeish was the inspiration the club needed, thought the board of the time. Well, I don't think we'll be seeing recruitment of that kind under this regime.

I know it's completely different scenarios, but I think Smith will be better than Lambert was. Lambert kept us in it for two and a half seasons remember.

Take the spine of the team and we are just as good if not better now in my opinion. Despite some being untested at Premier League level.

Swap Abraham for Benteke, McGinn for Delph, Hourihane for Westwood, Grealish for Gil, El Ghazi for Bacuna, Mings for Vlaar, Tuanzebe for Okore etc.

Brilliant! Just brilliant!

Now I get to watch them on TV again (Canada don't know anything about the champs league). Instead of tricky, sticky, wobbly streams. Okay they were better than nothing.

Still hasn't sunk in.